Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...My '06 Pony had a wet front rider's side floor after a recent downpour. The window was shut and door gaskets look fine. Any known issues? Suggestions? I hope it's just a one-time thing. I've known of leaks that have sealed themselves.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Hi...My '06 Pony had a wet front rider's side floor after a recent downpour. The window was shut and door gaskets look fine. Any known issues? Suggestions? I hope it's just a one-time thing. I've known of leaks that have sealed themselves.

Thanks! :)
welcome to the v6 forum. that link cheez put in didnt work for me, but i saw where it came from. if you use the search feature at the top towards the right and type in water leaks or similar, you`ll get a bunch of info. there are drain holes that get plugged in the cowl in frt of the windshield. you`ll have to remove the cowl. there is a rubber grommit ( harness) on the pass side behind the inner wheel well that can leak if its not in the hole good. you`ll have to pull the tire and wheel well to check it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Here's hoping it's just a plugged drain, since it's never leaked before.

The floor mat was more soaked than the carpet under it, although the carpet was soaked off to the side. Seems like water was dripping down from a higher point than just coming in the side.

I'll check it out.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Thanks! Here's hoping it's just a plugged drain, since it's never leaked before.

The floor mat was more soaked than the carpet under it, although the carpet was soaked off to the side. Seems like water was dripping down from a higher point than just coming in the side.

I'll check it out.
the problem is if the water gets into the smart junction box behind the pass kick panel, you`ll have all sorts of troubles. i would check that grommit. take off the wheel, the inner fender is just in with push pins. ive never had any leaks up frt, but i checked mine anyway. there are other placed for leaks, but you`ll have to do some post or thread searching:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.