Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see lots of posts regarding the "Skipper" (500) and the '05 model. Mine is in an '06 GT vert. But I've got the MP3 blues. My symptoms are the "Bad Disk" from MP3's I've burned. Keep loading until it works. Once it agrees that it is a good disk, it will play until I change disks. I have the occasional disk that won't register as an MP3 but as a CD and plays a loud buzzing sound. Ripped the music at 96kbps (good enough for these old ears). Most of the disks I have burned have been with MusicMatch although I tried Roxio and the MS Media burner with the same results. No skipping problems, thankfully. Had the head changed out once. Anyone else with an '06 having Shaker probs? I've tried a couple of different brands of disks. They all seem to play on other MP3 players, so I think I'm burning good disks. Any solutions other than "rebooting" the unit (seems to help only temporarily), taking it to the dealer for another replacement or an aftermarket unit. Other than that - I'm lovin it, even the bride says it almost makes me look cool.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
havent had the opportunity yet to try mp3s in the 06, or even listen to my shaker 1000 much, cant seem to get away from being tuned to 80.1 (MPH) "all exhaust all the time" :laughlitt i did try a mp3 cd-r that i burned with my HP burner using the HP software in the 05 Roush's shaker 500 when i had it. i had no problems with it. had about 60 or so songs on the disk. i have heard that the shaker stereos are very sensitive to how you close out the cd. make sure you close it out to read in all players. i also am hearing that cd-rw arent working out to good in them. beyond that, i donno...:tongue

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTNOS - thx

I've been carful to close the CD. At 96kbps I'm getting a little over 200 tracks/CD-R. I tried a CD-RW out of curiosity but couldn't get it to play, ever. What I find odd is that if I load the same disk over and over, eventually it will work. Once loaded, life is good. On another BB there were some posts indicating that not all CD-R's are equal. Some higher quality and some lower (guess which I have). It is odd that only my Shaker (500) has problems with them. A couple of other players (one is my PC) have had no probs at all. Very confusing - very frustrating. Over the next couple of weeks I plan on making another trip to the service dept and try again.
Dem ponies do like to run, don't they.
Cheers,

·
Registered
482 Posts
I work as an electonic tech, we see a lot of problems just caused by different brand cd-r's. Some brands are just way better than others for readability. I'd recommend grabbing some Fuji CD-R's (they seem to be the most compatible with most equipment) and giving it a shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts