Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a standard Vortech supercharger kit on my '06. When I tried to flash the PCM it wouldn't work???? The readout said my vehicle is not in their database and to call customer service. Does anyone have a clue of what could possibly be happening?

Jonrck

·
Registered
28 Posts
05sc Gt

I think Vortech assumed the 05 tune would work on the 06's. When my 05 was being worked on for the SC, there was another 05 in the shop and the same thing happened to him as to you, the tune wouldnt take. It was soon discovered that the ECU was actually an 06 unit!! They were also trying to resolve the problem with Vortech too! Let me know what happens. Ill try to hunt down some answers too!

·
Registered
333 Posts
yes, it is my understanding ford has changed the PCM again and the 05 programming is NOT identical as the 06 stuff..Vortech is in process of addressing the issue

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'06 vortech tune

I went to Steeda today. I live around the corner. I got a tune from them, but it is very conservative. It's better than no tune though. I have the charge motion delete plates on the engine, and the tune I got is not only conservative, but is not for the charge motion delete plates. Like I said though, it works!

jonrck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts