Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found this on a message forum.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25124

i am not to excited with the looks. i was hoping the Camaro would come back with more retro styling similar to what the Mustang has.
this looks almost to Cadilacish.
hopefully the concept will grow a lot more before production, if ever.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah, I'm not freaking out over it either. I don't like the way the front comes to a point and the rear is downright ugly. What is with that blacked out area around the exhaust?? It's gonna be fast though. We GT owners are gonna have to bump it up. I'm way more excited over the Challenger concept personally.

G

·
i really like it...and it is sort of retro...like the new stang...i parked next to an old 60s fastback yesterday...the new stang isnt all that similiar after all...its a hell of a lot bigger and wider...and has that modern edge...like the new camaro...old but new..if the bowties are smart they'll hurry up and get that camaro out before dodge gets that challenger on the street....cause that challenger will eclipse everything

·
Registered
886 Posts
eeehhhh.....it's not bad. woulda been a great GTO. I'll believe it when I see it at a street light. Still rather have the pony.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's nice to see they're thinking about making a new Camaro. I don't care too much for the looks, I agree that it looks alot like the Cadillacs. The engine is a different story though! I'd be excited if they put that concept engine into the production car, but I just can't believe GM will do that.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Brent05redfire said:
found this on a message forum.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25124

If they build this car, its gonna have at least 400 HP, if not more and maybe an SMG type transmision for about the same price as the Stang. GM's Zeta platform is the new platform to take over for the Monaro (aka GTO), but they are lacking funding from investors (from what I've read). If they build this car, they would have to sell 150K-200K cars, just like the mustang to make it worth while. On the other hand, i hear the challenger is going to be 25K cars in production and will be priced a lot more than the Stang or Camaro. If they keep this camaro at around 3400 lbs, its gonna be a fast one!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Looks like some new competition is coming to town. My car is still stuck in stock form, ($$) and it is taking all of my skills to stay of the last generation of F-body. It is practically a drivers race sometimes, their cars being modded up, and even possibly some spray. Maybe I'll be able to pull the trigger on a kenne bell by 2009, my 06 will be almost paid for by then.....hopefully.:rolleyes:

As far as that concept car......its not too bad, its just not for me. I see the cadilac lines mentioned above.

We'll tak'm:winks

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
hogpowr said:
As far as that concept car......its not too bad, its just not for me. I see the cadilac lines mentioned above.
Yeah, I see the "Cadillac having sex with the Camaro" thing too. The owner, at work, showed it to me. I like the hood-over-the-headlights thing though.

Problem though.... Mustang was the first, big retro thing. We started out with lots of HP. Then comes the Challenger, maybe. More HP. then the Camaro will have to beat all and be cheaper. I think the Camaro will be the big dog, if Mustang doesn't look out.

Then our old ones will be the little ponies. The only 300HP ones made back when they didn't have much power. [sigh]

·
Registered
886 Posts
anybody else see the roll out of this concept on the national news tonight? It was a silver version. Less impressive than the red...

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I just have a feeling they are going to drop a vette engine in there and claim it will smash the mustang...I'm willing to bet a lot of money if they put an LS2 in there, it will be way over 30k.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
I just have a feeling they are going to drop a vette engine in there and claim it will smash the mustang...I'm willing to bet a lot of money if they put an LS2 in there, it will be way over 30k.
yeah, it should come in a 35,000 with the IRS, Zeta platform, etc.

It's more of a Shelby competitor than a GT competitor.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Its possible release date is in the 2009 Model year.

Atleast I know now what I will end up trading the Stang in for.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Kyle F said:
Its possible release date is in the 2009 Model year.

Atleast I know now what I will end up trading the Stang in for.
:shocked: Benedict Arnold :shocked:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ford's got a good car with the new Mustang. Now that the new Mustang is established, they need to pull out the stops and bring out a Mach 1 with the 5.4 4v and a new Boss with the 5.0 Cammer. To these copycats trying to capitalize on the Mustang's new found success, I say "Bring it!"

·
Registered
167 Posts
This Camaro looks pretty sweet. But people need to keep in mind that this is a "pure" concept: I hope no one is thinking that it will make it into production exactly the way it looks (inside & out) in these pics, right ?

On the contrary, the Challenger concept seems to me already set (at least at 99 %) with production in mind, sort of like what happened when the Shelby GT500 was first shown, if you know what I mean.
So for Camaro fans, I think you ought to wait for the final product to appear, as what you see I believe it's only a concept meant to show in what general direction GM is going for the 2009 Camaro, as far as looks are concerned...
This is far from being a finished product (while, as I said above, the Challenger basically is a finished product, they could start producing it right now, no need to change a thing basically...)...

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
pcfrisch said:
:shocked: Benedict Arnold :shocked:
I doubt many here will get that reference. It seems they don't teach history like they used to . ..

Re: production. The Challenger's wheelbase is 6 inches shorter than current LX platforms. It can't be made until 2008 for the 2009 model year.

G

·
maybe it will look just like the concept...the new mustang we know and love is extremely close to the concept ford had unveiled years ago...maybe this camaro is a few lines away from its finished product...i cant wait to see my stang..a challenger and a new camaro at the light....i may get my cowboy hat now(american graffiti...harrison ford..remember?)...maybe we'll even let the uglys in(charger and gto)its so great that they bring back all the old muscle car looks just in time for the worlds gas to run out:eyebulge:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
kscoyote said:
I doubt many here will get that reference. It seems they don't teach history like they used to
What do you mean? I know who he is. He's the guy that invented Eggs Benedict.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.