Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes after parking the car I find water condensation built up on the inside of my windshield. I've seen it from happen on both my former V6(08) and GT(07) mustang. The build up is right above vent in dashboard. Size ranges from size of a CD to 1/2 the windshield.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or have any ideas on what might cause this?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Is this after the AC has been running?

Might be water condensed on the evaporator core getting back out after the car has been sitting.

I turn off the AC and run just the fan full blast with the windows open to dry out the evaporator before I park the car.

Helps to prevent the moldy socks smell that our ventilation can get too.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I generally don't use AC unless weather hits 90+ (Enjoy driving with windows down more) And i don't think I've ever used AC in my car yet.

In the winter it would do that but would generaly stay small and eventually freeze on inside of the window if temp was low enough.

M

·
0 Posts
I'll be honest... the only cars I have noticed that in are the ones where the windshield cowl leaked or I had a water leak inside the car...

I have not noticed that on my 07 - it would surely be something that concerned me a little bit being I have had 2 previous cars with that problem.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Make sure the cowl drains aren't clogged. If they are the cowl will hold water and could cause what you are seeing. Eventually with a heavy enough rain the cowl will fill with water and overflow into the passenger floor.....then you'll have lots of moisture to deal with.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure the cowl drains aren't clogged. If they are the cowl will hold water and could cause what you are seeing. Eventually with a heavy enough rain the cowl will fill with water and overflow into the passenger floor.....then you'll have lots of moisture to deal with.

Cowl?? err.. yea Please explain better.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I was reading reasons to change the cabin air filter from Ford and one of them was to keep the windows from fogging up.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Cowl?? err.. yea Please explain better.
There are 2 black rubber drain grommets at the bottom of the firewall in the engine compartment. Remove them, and clean out any debris that may have blocked them up.

S

·
0 Posts
There are 2 black rubber drain grommets at the bottom of the firewall in the engine compartment. Remove them, and clean out any debris that may have blocked them up.

Good tip, Ski!

I'm going to check mine as well after work tonight.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I was gonna say the same thing. You might have some water leaking in. The cowl is the 2 piece blackpanel where the windwhield wipers connect to. Id would check the 2 rubber grommets. Open you hood. look at the back firewall.(Vertical wall) There will be two black grommets(look like pouches and are spaced about 2 feet apart.). Put your fingr in them and make sure they have nothing in them. If they are clogged clean them out. Also check the floor on the passenger and driver side. Make sure the carpet is dry by pulling it up and check the padding underneath as that will stay wet for a while if you have a leak. Feel the kick panels (plastic trim pieces that nmake up the sidewall where your feet go. Feel them and behind them). If anyhthing is wet you have water coming in and check out the TSB on the water leak issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.