Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

07 Muffler Question.

728 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Mustngman4.607 
#1 ·
I ordered myself some SLP Loudmouths. I don't feel like going to a garage to have them swapped. My question is how hard is it to detach the factory mufflers from the pipes? The car has just passed 10k miles so I'm not to worried about rust but i just want to make sure i should be able to due it without being forced to cut them off.

#3 ·
I did my SLP's in my garage with just a few tools - quick and easy - you won't have any problems getting the stock mufflers off and due to the straight pipe design the installation of the SLP's will be simple (with plenty of room to work with).

#4 ·
Might take a little work, but they definately come off. Might want some gear grease on hand. Sometime's they're a tight fit.

PS I hate removing my mufflers since I usually spend around 1-1.5 hours cutting the cra* outta my hands getting em off and positioning the awkward bolts back on some of the hangers. I rather just spend 60 bucks for someone at a local garage to do it.

#5 ·
Very easy install.Getting to one of the bolts on the stock ones is a little tough the first time you do it, but still easy.

#8 ·
Very easy. Just takes time to get the tips straight. I recomend just removing the hangers and putting them on the new mufflers and bolting it all back up. I watched, in pain, as a guy at work spent half an hour trying to wrestle the mufflers off when removing four bolts would make it a ten minute job.

#9 ·
I bought the Ford Racing mufflers by borla for my 07 Gt. I think they are a little easier due to them being round but really don't think it is a very dificult job at all. As mentioned in a prior post you will definetly need so ratcheting wrenchs. They make things much easier and faster. The exhaust work is easy unless you start messing with the headers. That is a whole nother story. Good luck. But I would say do it. Don't pay to have that done. Just take your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.