Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to get o/r x pipe with 40 series flowmasters. Curious if anyone has this setup or has heard this setup what they think about it. Is there any drone and does it have a good overall sound to it. I know its going to be loud and i like loud but will it be unbearable in the car?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Going to get o/r x pipe with 40 series flowmasters. Curious if anyone has this setup or has heard this setup what they think about it. Is there any drone and does it have a good overall sound to it. I know its going to be loud and i like loud but will it be unbearable in the car?
So we meet again. Well my friend has Flowmasters on his car not the exact same set up as u but its good enough. They are pretty dang loud and have some drone but nothing unbearable. From what Ive seen most of the Flowmasters are very loud kits and have attitude. Id always expect some drone, but then again with the sound u want, u need to accept that ull have some. Id personally get it, i like how my buddies sound.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always a pleasure hearing from a future gator fan. Thanks for the input the shop that I got a quote from said 750 for the 2 mufflers x pipe and installation is that a good price? Also when they say 40 series thats the american thunder if im not mistaken right?

·
Registered
363 Posts
if you go with the super 40's you will have less sound coming back in the car but it still puts out that legendary flowmaster sound. i have i have the 2 chamber 40 series on my 93 gt and it takes the right type of person to listen to the drone but i like it but i love the sound of the motor.

·
Registered
781 Posts
thats a pretty good price if it include install. Its gonna sound mean

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I had this setup with stock manifolds and H-pipe and it was dang loud. and driving on the highway for more than an hour gave me a headache. then I had long tubes installed with an X-pipe and it got worse. drone is bad with this setup. sounds great at part and mid throttle, but tromp on the loud pedal and people will hear you half a mile away.
I put the stock mufflers back on and have been very happy with the sound. although, I think the stockers are wearing out now too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.