Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a throttle body for my 07 V6 mustang, I already have a cool air intake w/diablo sport tune and an under drive pulley kit. So this is ware my pickle begins. I can easily add a Helix spacer for $80 and get supposedly 7-10 HP, or wait for at least a year (spent over the wifes quota ) to add a 70mm Throttle body for $280 that will add supposedly 10HP. So should I get the spacer or the throttle body, and what would the difference be pluses and minus to both? Also can I put on both or would that cause any problems? :headscratch:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
That Helix spacer is a total waste of money. Completely worthless, it's very concept is a scam.

You want to feel a kick in the seat, go with 4.10 gears! :hihi:

G

·
That Helix spacer is a total waste of money. Completely worthless, it's very concept is a scam.

You want to feel a kick in the seat, go with 4.10 gears! :hihi:

Andy beat me to the punch here. The claims on the spacers are inflated and your stock throttle body is more than enough for the mods you have right now.

I would say gears as well. You won't be adding HP but you'll be multiplying the torque and you'll completely change the driving experience. 4.10's or 3.73's would be the natural matches depending on your driving style. Gears are not expensive but you'll pay a bit more for the install.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
yea throttle body crap is a waste of money but i was tempted to get it before too, $80 and get 10 HP seems like a bargain considering CAI give you between 17-30+ for $250 and up. Listen to these guys though, Gears are the way to go but although they are not expensive... the installation is a bit :so

G

·
You're probably in the $500 range for gears and install. Compared to the $280 or so you're ready to fork over you're not that far off the mark. The only difference is you WILL feel a difference and your Stang will feel like a beast. Gears are one of those things that you typically won't have to change if you go the supercharger route down the lane. They're great bang for the buck all things considered.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Whats is that? I'm kinda a newbe
The V6 comes with an open differential which applies equal torque to both wheels. If a wheel loses traction the other wheel isn't going to get much torque to do anything. A limited slip differential will apply torque to the wheels differentially so if one wheel loses traction, the other wheel will still have the required torque. Is that confusing enough for you :hihi:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.