Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey a friend of mine recently got a v6 mustang about 3 months after i got mine (haha) but anyway, his doesn't have stock cylinder heads and cam in it, and it's supposed to be pushing 300 hp according to the dyno papers. They also did something to the intake but anyway, I was recommended to supersixmotorsports.com and i found these: Super Six Motorsports and i was wondering if anyone had any experience with these or could they tell me about how much hp I would gain from this. Thanks

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I've spoken with supersix several times, and they have excellent customer service. They can answer any questions, and really explain what different options mean. I would contact them to really get a good idea of what can happen. In order to replace the cams, an engine pull is required, and it can add up the cost really quick. The heads alone add a lot of low in power. They have a dyno sheet on the site. That dyno sheet is on a stock car with no tune, so I bet with a tune the head change alone would really help. The best thing they offer is the forged bottom end which will allow you to safely capture more boost from forced induction. All this is extremely expensive however and trading up to a gt, I found, is cheaper. You also have to consider your rear end, ds, transmission, brakes, tires, suspension, fuel pump, ect., to run a lot of power. Its fun to dream about though.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm not sure how much would be gained from the heads and cams, but when combined with a good CAI, exhaust, and a tune, I would imagine it would be pretty close to keeping up with a standard GT (as long as you have lower gears too). That is an option that I have thought of too, but like Sixers007 said it is an involved process (understatement of the year), and that is something that I am not willing to do unless my car has more than 100K on it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
i'll take my car to over to supersix Motors..once the engine I have is over 100K...then it be justified.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.