Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm preparing to do some appearance mods to my 07 Redfire mustang V6. I like to do my own work on the car and it's always fun to do small projects. I've got some ideas on what I want to do to the car but I am looking for suggestions and opinions.

Recently I removed the door bump guards from the car because they were looking discolored and ugly(before/after pictures attached). and I'm looking for more mods to do. A little bit of fishing line and some goo gone and it looks pretty good. There was a huge layer of adhesive. There is a slight line where the top and bottom of the guard was, however it is only visible if your nose is practically touching the car.

I was thinking about removing the tan colored decals on the sides and doing vinyl Lemans stripes down the center. I'm not sure which color I should go with if I do(maybe black or do the carbon fiber vinyl stripes). My interior is Tan leather. But First i have to solve my hood paint bubble issue.

Also I might tint my windows but I don't know where to start on that. I don't want to do a cheap job where it will bubble like crazy. I've seen so many poor tint jobs. But I do want to do it myself.

Also back to the vinyl. I saw a video of somebody vinyl wrapping their rims. I might try and do this as my rims are worn looking and far from shiny.

If anyone has some ideas for inexpensive mods interior or exterior please share your ideas and opinions. I plan on starting to do some work when it gets a little warmer.

Attachments

· Registered
1,944 Posts
As far as tint goes, that's one of the only things I won't do myself, again. I'd advise having it done by a lifetime warranty shop. It'll cost more but is well worth it. I wouldn't vinyl wrap the wheels, I'd plasti dip them. It seems to be a very simple and reversible process.

Since yours is a V6, I'd probably try to find a GT fog light conversion as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.