Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I've been reading through the forums and haven't been able to find the answer to this. I have an 07 mustang V6 that was leaking into front drivers floorboard. I Cleaned the cowels and added some extra sealant to the front window seal. Now... I'm no longer getting water in the front floorboard. Great!

Yesterday it rained really hard here and when I opened my door I noticed a puddle 1 inch deep in the rear drivers floorboard. Crap. Front floorboard is still dry. The windows are working properly. I also noticed that the painted metal beside the trim that has the mustang emblem on it (I have no idea what this piece is called) had a good bit of water on it when I opened the door. I'm assuming that there is some sort of correlation between the trim and the rear floorboard.

Any ideas of where to check for THIS leak. Grrrr. This is really turning me off of mustangs in general. Will probably get a truck on my next purchase.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Have you replaced the cabin air filter located under the passenger side cowel? this is a very common issue that the weep holes are clogged and allow water to get into the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Is it possible it is leaking in on the passenger side and running over to the drivers side? It only takes 5 minutes to check. I would want to take a look at a chance of finding the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it possible it is leaking in on the passenger side and running over to the drivers side? It only takes 5 minutes to check. I would want to take a look at a chance of finding the problem.
I will check... but it hasn't leaked on that side for about 2 years. I don't know how it could run to the driver's side with that Giant console running down the middle of the car either..... but I will check. You would think that Ford could have fixed this in the prototype phase.

·
Registered
344 Posts
JUst remember that that big console stops just under the dash. It is sort of open under there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts