Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's the total opposite of the FRPP 4.10s I have right now, but the trip to and from the track is KILLING me! I also have class which is 60 miles away (120 both) twice a week.

I liked the 4.10s at first but want something alot less. I was considering going back to stock until I seen they had 3.27s for sale.

Should I get these gears or go back to stock?

I will 'eventually' get a blower next year, most likely the whipple H.O. kit, but it will be mostly to be an insanely fast daily driver, not too much a drag strip monster.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about going back to stock 3.31s? I didn't mind them when I had them, I just wanted to see for myself if 4.10s were for me or not. Being a die hard speed fiend, I thought it would be okay lol.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
what about going back to stock 3.31s? I didn't mind them when I had them, I just wanted to see for myself if 4.10s were for me or not. Being a die hard speed fiend, I thought it would be okay lol.
The difference between 3.31 and 3.27 would be almost impossible to detect.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts

Go with 3.55's. The motor will only be turning about 2250rpm at 80mph on the freeway, still lauch like mad with the blower ad will have a gearing limited top speed of 211mph.

All the above number assume you are running a normal height tire (about 26.5")

I am running 26" tall tires and a 3.55, the car gets going from a dig like crazy (blown), 1st gear is almost useless even with 295mm R spec tires and hazes them through 2nd. It cruises down the freeway at 2375rpm's ad I get 22mpg on cruise controll. My gearing limited top speed is 208mph. I couldn't be more pleased.

The key to this setup is the blower though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.