Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to replace my stock door speakers on my 08 V6 (non-shaker system). What size speakers do they take and does anybody have any speaker suggestions? Kicker? Pioneer? Kenwood? Also where is the best place to get them where i can also get the wiring adapter for them?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
365 Posts
You dont need a wiring adapter, they reuse the red and black + and - wires that are used for the old speakers, go w kivker i have them and love hem, and instal yourself, all it is is innolting a few bolts that hold the inner door panel in place and four screws that hold in tye speaker n u just take wirez off the old n plug them into the new

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Yeah i was leaning towards Kicker, did you just go with their 6x8's?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
are these speakers a direct replacement or do I need an amp?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I installed some Pioneer TS-A6872R 3-way speakers 3 years ago. I bought them from Crutchfield and they included a wire adptewr so I didn't have to splice the wires, just plug and play. They were a nice upgrade and have just enough bass for me. I replaced all 4 of them. I have since upgraded my stereo to a pioneer 3200 with bluetooth and DVDplayer. The combination sounds really good IMO. Looks like teh current replacement for my speakers are the : Pioneer TS-A6874R at $80 a pair.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was thinking of replacing all of my speakers with Kickers also because one of mine in the rear is sounding funny, would i need an amp?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got off the phone with Crutchfield and they said with a stock system and only replacing the speakers, the Boston speakers would be the best sound. He said the kickers were great but they need an amp to make them sound really good. I thought about replacing the rears too, but i hear on the 08's you have to take alot of the back seat stuff out, anybody know if is this true?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I did my drivers side door speaker with a Kicker speaker (have passenger just haven't done it yet). Sounds good without an amp but better setup will always yield better sound.

I think they are 6X9 or 6X8, got the pair from best buy for like $75 and just used their lookup tool to find the right size. they fit fine although I had to bend the metal tab on one end to get it to fit into the stock mounting because of the plastic ridge piece that holds the speaker.

Mine came with a wire connection that plugs into the speaker, I just cut the stock connection off and then connected the wire connection to the stock wires and put a couple drops of solder to hold it together. heat shrink over each connection to keep it safe, and then a larger heat shrink over both connections to make it a clean looking install without wires hanging all out by themselves and stuff.

·
Registered
344 Posts
On my 2008 convertible all I had to do was pop out the top plate where the side of the rag top retracks, remove the seat bottom, and then slip the side panel off their edge. No tools required, onlt needed a nut driver to remove & replace the speakers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I decided just to go with the Boston Acoustics for $110, and of course the ones i buy they are having buy one get one half off so that was just another reason for me to go ahead and replace the rears while i'm at it.

As far as install on the rears, i was looking last night and it doesn't look to bad...

·
Registered
786 Posts
I decided just to go with the Boston Acoustics for $110, and of course the ones i buy they are having buy one get one half off so that was just another reason for me to go ahead and replace the rears while i'm at it.

As far as install on the rears, i was looking last night and it doesn't look to bad...
just be careful with the wires, apparently the wiring pos/neg is flip flopped from drivers side to passenger side as far as wiring color goes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man, i will make a note if it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Buying them from Crutchfield you don't have to worry about polarity. they include the wiring adpters so all you do is plug in your wires and them plug the adpter in the speaker.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just installed them last night. I was surprised how easy it was. Sound is fuller around the bottom end, i'm happy with them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
In the end, you being happy is all that counts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts