Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got an idea of the trade-in values on an 08 V6?

about 52K miles on it and no major accidents but it's in the shop right now for some minor hail damage (few good dings here and there and a cracked windshield). And it's got good tint (southern summers are too hot to go without)

It's just that while I've had my rental car (nissan versa) I've noticed I really enjoy the high mpg of it. It's not as nice as the mustang or anywhere near as fast, but I like the good mpg.

So I started looking at the new Fiesta and I kind of like the styling and it gets even better mpg than the versa rental I'm driving, so I was considering trading in my mustang or selling it and getting a new Fiesta. Get another mustang later when I can afford to have it as not a primary driver because the $50 a week in gas is really killing me since I don't make alot of money. I'm thinking about seeing if there are any specials running on them and maybe test driving.

Anyone got an idea of trade-in value for the mustang though? about a year and a half ago a sales person offered my $12K trade-in on it towards a 2010 when I had it in for service. So I figure the trade-in is lower than that now probably. I think I could probably get $12-14K private party.

·
Registered
784 Posts
they were offering me 6k for my 06 with 60k+ miles on it. sold it privately for 8k

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Im pretty sure the Hail Damage will show up on the Car Fax Report, that might hurt it a little. You'll get Robbed on Trading it in, try to sell it outright and if that does'nt work then do the Trade.
Is it a Base Model or a Premium? Stick or Auto? Sorry to hear that your gonna have to sell her.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's like a base/premium combo thing? it's got some premium stuff but not the info center my color dash.
and it's auto.

I don't have to sell it, I am considering it because of gas prices and a light pocket book. I'm still on the fence on this, I'm on the mustang side right now looking out at the green on the fiesta side but I am not sure I want to leave the mustang side unless I can get a really good deal. My only real motivation for this is financial so if it's not going to be a profitable venture I'll keep my mustang and find ways to save money elsewhere, like food.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts