Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i first got my 08gt manual 5 speed, i could feel the power band kick in about 3000rpms. now i don't feel it till a little over 4000rpms. it seems as if my gears are just not pulling as hard as they use to. i tried to reset the pcm, by disconnecting the battry,hoping to unlearn this driving response. i sure could use some help to get my baby back to the way it was when i got her.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did you get your car in the winter?

I know for a fact, dyno results to prove it, in El Paso, TX, there is a 25 hp difference from in the morning when it is near 80 Degrees and when it is 100+ Degrees in the afternoon. It is probably just it being hot outside. I am going back to Georgia in a week and can't wait to feel the difference in being at sea level and being at a high elevation. Dyno numbers don't really mean as much as everyone says they do because every dyno is different and weather and elevation play a huge role in it. I was actually putting down like 330 rwhp with a saleen supercharger, but with the corrections, it was saying 380 rwhp because dynos have a correction factor, or something like that, for weather and elevation but it is not perfect. Apparently when I go back down to sea level, I should be actually making 400 rwhp because of the change to sea level and the better air that is there.

I know I just went off and explained a lot that doesn't relate too much to your question, but if you are thinking your car is slower, it could be 1) temperature 2) maybe you moved or are driving in a place you are not used to and the elevation is different 3)Your fluids might not be all the way up to date.

Hope some of that helped.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Sounds to me like it's time to buy a CAI and tune. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the response. i got the car in the summer, i live in los angeles. the weather is always warm. every thing was fine untill i disconnected the battry while doing some work on my radio. i think now the pcm has gotten use to my heavy foot instead of the previous owner.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
yep, go for the jlt. out of all the tests i saw, jlt was always the highest gain, even if by only a couple hp, plus they're about the cheapest priced. definitely get a custom tune from bama or someone else reputable. the only other suggestion i have as to why you're feeling a power loss is what happens to us all: you get used to the power you have.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yep, go for the jlt. out of all the tests i saw, jlt was always the highest gain, even if by only a couple hp, plus they're about the cheapest priced. definitely get a custom tune from bama or someone else reputable. the only other suggestion i have as to why you're feeling a power loss is what happens to us all: you get used to the power you have.

true statement. your used to what you got and now it feels sluggish. same thing happened to me. my cobra started feeling slow to me, it was all in my head.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
is there a way wipe clean the adaptive learning
Turn ignition on, unplug battery for 30 minutes, plug battery back in, drive for 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
And don't forget to recalibrate the gas pedal/TB after reconnecting the battery:

- Turn the key to the 'ON' position(do not start the engine), and wait for the chime to stop.
- Turn off all electrical accessories.
- Press the gas pedal all the way down in one smooth motion while counting to 5 (1001, 1002....).
- Slowly release the gas pedal while counting to 5.
- Wait 6 seconds.
- Turn key to 'OFF'.
- Wait 6 seconds.
- Repeat twice more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts