Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why yes its the age old question here in this forum, CAI! What do u suggest as far as a CAI tuner combo. Right now I am looking at Steeda CAI with SCT SF3 Custom Tuner from what Ive seen at other threads the tuner is solid and Ive seen some good reviews from various sources on this CAI. Heres the link that Im looking at on AM wanna add some HP to my new GT. I also like the Carbon Fiber look, using graduation gift $$$ so why not make it look hot?

What do you think? What do you suggest? Any first hand accounts with this kit? Also would this be too soon from my new car has alil over 500 miles on it (still a virgin) Also whats a ballpark HP gain I should expect going onto the pavement? Thanks!

Steeda Mustang Complete Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Kit and SCT SF3 Custom Tuner Combo (05-09 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I would go with the C&L and X3 from Tillmans. Ask for Chris when you call them :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go with the C&L and X3 from Tillmans. Ask for Chris when you call them :bigthumbsup
Ah ok I figured ud refer me to tillmans =)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course :bigthumbsup
Why does it always seem like ur the only one answering my questions lol. Why dont I just call u ask exactly how I should build my car and just cut out the middle man LOL kidding of course :D What do u think about the steeda system, I likey carbon fiber, going to put carbon fiber accents in my interior i think. using the kit Roush has. Friend has it and it looks mighty sexy.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Steeda is one of the better CAIs, especially if you get the plastic elbow.
So as far as this certain one youd say its a good system?

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
So as far as this certain one youd say its a good system?
Thats a very nice setup. All it need is one of Chris's tunes and your there. He can get that combo if you want.

If you want to call PM me and we'll chat. :hihi:

·
Banned
102 Posts
ey andy, you've helped me alot, so now i'll help you. i've been doing ALOT of researched on these. you either want the tillmans c&l + tuner, but i reallly really suggest the JLT + tuner ( 529.99 + free shipping ) at american muscle, or the bbk + tuner at brenspeed ( what im getting ) ( 599.99 + free shipping.. i think ahah. ) but man, i think you should do the bbk. im tellinnnggg yaa it's the way to go!

·
Banned
102 Posts
btw i like your exhast on your 6'er. it's really nice looking. im thinking about getting new exhausts.. but i like the sound of the stock ahah. maybe just some nice tips for my gt. any suggestons?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
btw i like your exhast on your 6'er. it's really nice looking. im thinking about getting new exhausts.. but i like the sound of the stock ahah. maybe just some nice tips for my gt. any suggestons?
Ah thanks for the input guys! Im liking the steeda just gonna get the non carbon fiber and save 100 bucks. Use it one some paint for my louvers. And Travelers U should be getting paid for all the Tillmans Advertising u do =) Dont know much about the different tuners but from what ive read up the SCT SF3 is pretty good. They say 35-40 hp gain which is alot... yes i know thats not on the wheels but still. U can only go so fast on the roads... well i guess im a hypocrite for saying that considering how I drive when in my "happy mood"

Thanks Steveng93 I miss the 6'er got the same color and blacked out on the new GT this is what exhaust i just bought for my GT (same old style brand new attitude) Its pretty damn aggressive, makes ricers cry :bigthumbsup

http://www.ninosport.com/Bassani-SS-Street-Race-Axle-back-2007-Mustang-GT-GT500-4607SR5?leadsource=32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7Q2uLkIqsM&feature=related

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.