Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 1989 mustang lx notch back 5.0.Anyone have any guess on what my car will run in 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile?
or have almost the same set up and can give me an idea? A guess with nitrous and with out to please. I'm also looking for advice on what to do next to my car.
· 4.10 ford racing gear
· Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks
· C4 transmission with shift kit and servos 2800 stall
· Cold air Intake
· 76mm C&L mass air
· 70 mm BBK throttle body and egr spacer
· MSD coil
· MSD cap and rotor
· MSD 8mm spark plug wires
· BBK shorty headers 2.5’
· BBK off road H Pipe 2.5’
· Flow Master super 44 mufflers 2.5’
· Hurst quarter stick shifter
· Energy suspension poly motor mounts
· Centerline warrior rims with MT skinny’s and MH 26x10.5x15 cheater slicks
· Ford racing Ac delete
· Smog pump delete
· Front sway removed
· Timing bumped to 14 degrees
· Electric fan
· BBK under drive pulleys
· Frame connectors
· Hurst roll control
Zex dry nitrous kit with 75,100,125 shot jets

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Ok I will bite.......

Maybe high 13's if you are lucky.

Just hit the track and you tell us as there are about 1,000 variables that will affect your time.

By the way you didn't list a driver mod :grinroll:

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
congrats on dropping weight..that does help..but he means driving ability when he says driver mod..everyone THINKS they are the best driver on the road..till they get on the track..everyone THINKS its just "going in a straight line"..till they get on the track..haha

if its your first time going, it can be a humbling experience lol..but everyone was a rookie at some time..just go and have fun..and dont be afraid to lift if it gets squirrely..nobody is gonna call you a puss if you back out of it and avoid smashing the car off the wall haha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
buddy it was a joke. I raced four races last summer coming in top 10 out of 150 racers it was street class. so i think i can drive a little. Raced motocross as well.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Lol good deal..you know exactly what I'm talking about then. Guys go to the track and expect to rip off a 10.50 first pass ever then they get all butthurt when the lady at the ticketbooth hands them an hourglass instead of a timeslip lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do know what you mean. i wasn't meaning im the best driver in the world either i was just trying to explain i have been to the track. my car ran 9.27 in the 1/8 last summer with 4.10 gears, headers, stock mufflers, and a warn out AOD all stock. my goal this summer is to hit the 8s. im hoping with the new c4 with the 2800 stall shift kit and servos along with the rest of the mods i have gotten over the winter i get there. Wish we had 1/4 here in northern Ontario.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Yeah 8's in the 1/8 should net your 13's you are looking for.

Just a little ribbing glad you took it like a good sport.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
You could certainly use some suspension mods since you're running a decently stalled C4 with 4.10s. Of course I'll recommend UPR Products. I'd say the car is capable of 7s/12s as it sits.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
When you ran your 9.27....what tires were you rocking? And what were your 60 fts?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't remember my 60ft and my slips are in my car witch is stored for the winter. When I take it out in a month I will let you know. I was rocking my centerline warriors with mt sportsman skinnys and on the back I had mh race masters cheater slicks 26x10.5x15

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 42 Posts