Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track for the first time, with my stocl v6, and the fastest time i ran was 15.016. what do the stocks v6 supposed to run? i had some people tell me that was pretty good, but i had other people tell me that was not so good. so whats the time range for the stock v6 on the 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
96 Posts
manual or automatic transmission?

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
In the neighborhood of 6.5-7 seconds.
Close to 15 seconds 1/4 mile. So you are about normal.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I ran 15.0 with a tune, dual exhaust, and a k/n filter, auto. You are right on par, for a manual i think.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
i hope i hit hit 14.5 or better

·
Registered
514 Posts
im shooting for low 14's this summer
damn...a 14.1 would be awesome!!! :bigthumbsupwho knows?! haha

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
im shooting for low 14's this summer
damn...a 14.1 would be awesome!!! :bigthumbsupwho knows?! haha

if i hit 14.1 id jump out and squeal liek a school girl.

14.5 and ill be happy.

14.6+ ill be so p.oed ill sell my stang...

ill give her a few chances. as long as i hit 14.5- before the end of summer

·
Registered
514 Posts
if i hit 14.1 id jump out and squeal liek a school girl.

14.5 and ill be happy.

14.6+ ill be so p.oed ill sell my stang...

ill give her a few chances. as long as i hit 14.5- before the end of summer
yeah 14.5 would be cool but i think with a set of DRs and my 4.10s i can hook up and get to lower 14s

·
Registered
786 Posts
15.00 is a pretty fair time for a six. If you want 14 second passes all you need is a supercharger
Lots of peeps run deep in the 14's with simple bolt on's. (well, if you consider a rear end upgrade simple)

Now as far as the 13 range? yeah, that's probably power adder time there.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I say 15.0 is very good for stock 6. I ran 15.4 stock auto and 14.9 c&l intake / tune with exhaust and 3.73 gears :headscratch:

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
High 14's to low 15's are the average. It depends on how much seat time you have at the track and how you shift. If you granny shift, you are leaving at least .2 out on the track.......

A little nitrous can do wonders. I only run about an 80 shot on the '01......

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
i really cant wait to see how all my bolt ons work out.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I think you guys just convinced me run the track with my car.
That's the only way to truely find out what car and driver can do.

As Reggie said the clocks don't lie and what it is, is what it is! With the time slip in hand you can find out where you need to improve!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5 Posts
stock time??

does anyone know the stock 1/4 mile time of a 2002 mustang gt?? i have a gt with roush cold air intake magnaflo exhaust, 3.73 gears, and a tune and im runnin low 14s with 14.09, 100 mph flat being my best i just wanna see how far ive come...someones gotta know..thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
i think you can do better... practice makes perfect =]. my 07' v6 runs 14.740... did it tonight actually... only mods i have done are true dual X pype exhaust with flowmasters and airaid CAI... i have a S/C that i will eventually put in... was told with the sc i will be running 12.9.. but i dont believe it till i see it...... but as for u.. i can sed u definately going faster especially with the mods that u have =] i wanna come watch u at the track! :happydance:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.