Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about slapping the Trick Flow Twisted wedge kit on my bone stock 91 5 speed Gt. What kind of time slips should I be expecting. Yes I know, traction, driver skill, blah blah blah. Just looking for a ballpark.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I've got the Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 170CC heads, Streetburner Intake, and Stage 1 cam along with 30lb injectors, 75 mm Throttle body, 76mm MAF, and a bunch of other stuff. Oh, and the shortblock is stock

I'm shooting for a 12.0 or better with this combo after I rebuild the rear end and throw on some adjustable rear control arms and some mounts that allow for multiple locations.

Also, I've been told by many people that this is a complete freak of nature, but I also get 30 miles per gallon.:bigthumbsup

Also, you should install subframe connectors before getting too carried away.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've got the Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 170CC heads, Streetburner Intake, and Stage 1 cam along with 30lb injectors, 75 mm Throttle body, 76mm MAF, and a bunch of other stuff. Oh, and the shortblock is stock

I'm shooting for a 12.0 or better with this combo after I rebuild the rear end and throw on some adjustable rear control arms and some mounts that allow for multiple locations.

Also, I've been told by many people that this is a complete freak of nature, but I also get 30 miles per gallon.:bigthumbsup

Also, you should install subframe connectors before getting too carried away.
I think you need close to 350 wheel-horses to run 12 flat, have you had this thing dynoed yet?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I think you need close to 350 wheel-horses to run 12 flat, have you had this thing dynoed yet?
Theres a guy on here running high 11s with a gt40 setup. pretty sure hes not making 350 rwhp. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
268 Posts
Theres a guy on here running high 11s with a gt40 setup. pretty sure hes not making 350 rwhp. :bigthumbsup
Wow that's pretty good. Don't know if I've ever heard of that. So how much are you putting down to the ground?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yeah, Need4Speed90 ran high 11's with something like 280rwhp.

I'm hoping for a little over 300. I should be dynoing it in about a month or so.

I just need to get mine set up to launch hard and a 12.0 shouldn't be out of the question.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
I'm thinking about slapping the Trick Flow Twisted wedge kit on my bone stock 91 5 speed Gt. What kind of time slips should I be expecting. Yes I know, traction, driver skill, blah blah blah. Just looking for a ballpark.
It should run around 109mph through the traps. ET depends on your 60'.

If you decide to set up your suspension for street/strip, let me know and I can help you out. The car will EASILY run low 12s on sticky tires with UPR suspension and the TFS top end kit.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It should run around 109mph through the traps. ET depends on your 60'.

If you decide to set up your suspension for street/strip, let me know and I can help you out. The car will EASILY run low 12s on sticky tires with UPR suspension and the TFS top end kit.
I hate you damn fox body owners and your quick ETs :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To Sharad-

What kind of suspension mods should I be looking at? The only thing I have now are subframe connectors that aren't welded in yet.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
I hate you damn fox body owners and your quick ETs :bigthumbsup
LOL! Hey, I love my 2006 GT for a daily driver. It's much more refined than my Fox body Mustang... but my '89 LX is the work horse of the stable. :gringreen

To Sharad-

What kind of suspension mods should I be looking at? The only thing I have now are subframe connectors that aren't welded in yet.
Well, that all depends on what you want out of the car. If you just want to beef up the suspension a little so that the extra 75-100hp doesn't cause problems with your factory parts, you could check out these tubular chrome-moly arms with polyurethane bushings. The car will run a little quicker with these, and they won't disintegrate like the factory arms will from the 300rwhp. 79-98 Mustang Elite Chrome Moly Urethane Control Arm Suspension Kit

If you specifically want to run some good quarter mile times, but remain streetable, you could use these tubular chrome-moly arms with spherical bearings. I installed these on my car when it was my daily driver, making 236rwhp with the stock 302, and it ran 12.91 @ 103.7 on 275/50-15 BFGs. 1979-1998 Ford Mustang Pro Series Adjustable Control Arms Package - UPR Products

If you want to run 11s with the Trick Flow top end kit, use the UPR Pro Series front & rear suspension, a 4.10 gear, and 26x10 M/T ET Drags. :thumbup:

sharad's a pimp for upr..he's on every mustang forum pimping their name...i think they give him **** for free for doing it...

:D:grinroll::D:wavey
it was 267rwhp last time it was on the dyno,but i changed a few basic things since then
best time is in my sig,the air was pretty good

it runs 12.0's most of the timehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqGF053Bb-0&feature=player_embedded

I haven't been called a pimp since high school. Thanks! :D

I am a believer in UPR Products. Back in 2003, I ran 10.17 @ 132 on UPR suspension, 26x10s, a T-5, and a stock-block 306 with a stock cam, Edelbrock heads & intake, and a non-intercooled ProCharger. I've been hooked ever since! :bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts