Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I did a search and didn't see one on this Just kinda curious what everybody's doing in the 1/4. with there mods

Went last night got kicked off cause I forgot my helmet, Only made one run.

My S/C 05
60' = 2.3
1/4 = 13.3 @ 111mph

great race, was lined up with a yellow 03 cobra with 550rwhp. he had a whipple huffing 17psi. both spinned bad off the line, once we hooked it was dead even race. he crossed at 13.2 @ 110mh.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Nice times !

That 03 Cobra was running slower then stock ! you can have all the mods in the world but if you can not drive !

·
Registered
897 Posts
05 Mustang GT check my sig and cardomain page

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Manual tranny
C&L CAI
Powr-Flo TBS
Predator tune.
These times are before I got ZEX and was a freak run. It was my first night at the strip and I could never come close to duplicating it. A more typical run was 13.50 @ 103 with a 2.05-.10 60ft. My track opens back up in February and I'll see what ZEX and a professional dyno tune do for my times then (not to mention air that's 50 degrees cooler than August).

Best times to date
60ft - 1.97 (on the stock Pirelli tires)
1/4 - 13.32 @ 107.1
August 2005 - Pacific Raceways, Kent, Washington.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Quite obviously lotsa power won't do it... tires, suspension, weight (+ distribution and transfer of it), and of course the driver make a huge diff! I am also VERY impressed with how well the S197 autos run! Stock vs. Stock or mod by mod (until the converter starts giving) they beat the stick every time! With less power to the wheels!

I'm a beginner with maybe 15 runs under my belt. First 5 I spun through 3d! Had no idea my car could do that. Got some MT ET Streets and had better luck but not of the line (did it wrong.) My best is 13.43 at 103 with a 1.99 60'... was in the mid 13s all day. Goal of the day was to perfect the burnout and do a sub 13.5! Happy! But I wish the guys would have given me the pointers there so I coulda tried it instead of later...

Hopefully my car will be done by next weekend and I get to go try what I've learned since (drop the clutch, hook, THEN floor it! And an earlier shift 1st to 2nd...) And some more power hopefully won't hurt!??!

MMR Cone Filter
Steeda CMDP
Steeda UD Pulleys
Steeda Tri-AX Short Throw
MT ET Streets 275-40-17
Bassani X
JBA Mufflers
SCT Custom Dyno tune by MD

Hopefully added and running for next week:
Fox Lake P&P Heads with Valve & Spring upgrade
Kooks LT Headers with catted X
Full MMR CAI
RPS Clutch and LW Flywheel
SCT Custom Dyno Tune by MD

My car right now :sosad: :

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been doing everything to launch this car and it's not working!!! My brother has a 65 mustang and he has some BFG drag radials, I can rev it all the way and drop the clutch at any RPM and they instant hook!!! (houston raceway park).. I'm in hawaii now and I have MT ET Street radials with way more work done to mine but I can smoke my tires with any rpm launch... 2.3 60' are horrible!! my best 1/4 today is a 13.2 at 105mph without supercharger... I can assure anybody my car is WAY faster with supercharger. yes my fastest s/c time is 13.3 at 111mph... who knows!!! I think I give up drag racing...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Only mod is SLP Loudmouths. Best quarter is 13.75 @ 102 with a 2.25 60'. I figure I can get closer to 13.5 if I learn how to hook up better. I can't seem to fight the urge to lay the pedal down off the line:laughlitt .

·
Registered
7 Posts
My best quarter was a Route 66 in Joliet on a 60 degree night. Bone stock 5-speed car with the exception of Flowmaster mufflers on stock tires set to 22 psi.

60': 1.902
1320': [email protected] 102.3 mph

The secret is all in the launch-4000 rpm's, ride the clutch like someone else is paying for it, and hold on, power shift all gears at about 6 grand, ends the quarter on the limiter in third gear

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
on my first 1/4 mile ever i got 14.060 @ 104, and that was spinning all the way through first.

bone stock 2006 GT

·
Registered
465 Posts
My best 1/4 mile time was 14.7 @ 98MPH. This was with stock 3:31 gears this past spring at DIR. I have since installed 4:10's and would hope the next time out would knock a couple of tenths off with new gears.

G

·
Get lower control arms like Metco, Adjustable Upper control arms, adjustable rear pan hard, QA1 shocks (front and back), perhaps upgraded springs (front and back) and definetly get ET drags or at least drag streets on no larger than 17" rims. Better yet, use 16" V6 rims or even better, 15" Bogarts/ Welds (requires mod). Put skinnies up front and then check your 60' times. If a guy is serious about his ET times, the stock setup is not good.

A 13+ supercharged ET time is a waste of money, no offense but, get the car to hook that power, the stock suspension/ tires on 350+ rwhp is just dangerous. I am at ~315 rwhp and I think I am at the limits of the stock suspension. I wouldn't waste my time at the track on this setup.
I have a few body kit mods to do and then I will start in on my suspension.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
R3dF1r3 said:
Get lower control arms like Metco, Adjustable Upper control arms, adjustable rear pan hard, QA1 shocks (front and back), perhaps upgraded springs (front and back) and definetly get ET drags or at least drag streets on no larger than 17" rims. Better yet, use 16" V6 rims or even better, 15" Bogarts/ Welds (requires mod). Put skinnies up front and then check your 60' times. If a guy is serious about his ET times, the stock setup is not good.

A 13+ supercharged ET time is a waste of money, no offense but, get the car to hook that power, the stock suspension/ tires on 350+ rwhp is just dangerous. I am at ~315 rwhp and I think I am at the limits of the stock suspension. I wouldn't waste my time at the track on this setup.
I have a few body kit mods to do and then I will start in on my suspension.
I'm glad you listed off things I already have lol... So I'm missing the panhard bar but I doubt that's going to instantly make my car hook... Good luck putting smaller rims, I already tried to do that but they won't fit over the rear brakes. I use MT ET Street radials on a track that's not prepped... They do NOT put VHT down on street night racing here. I am out of idea's on how to get my car to hook. and +13 second car is awesome.. Maybe it sucks off the line but when you beat a 600 crotch rocket at a 40mph start... DAMN!!! That's a rush!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Getting better. The other night I turned a 13.6 @ 104.3 with a 2.18 60'. 0-60 was a 5 flat. I was running with about a 1/4 tank of gas and it was cool and dry (about 50). I love this Beltronics accelerometer:laughlitt . I know I should be able to get a better 60' though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I go back last night to the track cause they are shutting it down here in a month (yet they are trying to stop street racers go figure) in a attempt to finally hooking... I'm still playing with my suspension but I set it full soft up front and full soft in the back... I have M/T ET Street Radials and I put it in second gear and LIT EM UP! After a good 10 seconds and a good show of smoke I line up... Drop the clutch at 4k and smoked em all the way.... I think I'm done with the racing and performance... what good is having all the horsepower but not putting it on the ground.

60' = 2.2
1/4 = 13.2 @ 109mph

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
2k5stang said:
Drop the clutch at 4k and smoked em all the way.... I think I'm done with the racing and performance... what good is having all the horsepower but not putting it on the ground.

60' = 2.2
1/4 = 13.2 @ 109mph
Don't give up 2k5stang! From your sig I can tell you have a fantastic setup. I'm jealous. I'm wondering if your putting too much of that awesome power to the ground at launch. At 60 feet I've been under 2 seconds twice and consistantly run under 2.1 with stock tires and only a CIA and tune (didn't have the ZEX before my track closed for the winter). I think the secret is how your work your clutch. When you say 'drop the clutch' do you really mean that? Do you work it at all? It seems like I am really working my clutch for at least a second before I'm feel hooked up enought to drop it all the way. Right now I'm tuning my nitrous system performance. I've had to employ a first gear lockout because I cannot put nitrous power to the ground at launch because the tires won't hook, just spin.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am popping the clutch, I take it to 4k and just let off as fast as possible!!! If I wanted to feather it off the line I wouldn't of got all the suspension mods and slicks. I see people with half of what I got pulling wheels off the ground then I try and spin spin spin spin. My best time without supercharger is 13.2 at 106mph. I'm going for looks/body kits...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.