Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am goning to the track, I have a 2011 unmodified convertable 5.0 auto.

How fast can I go with out need a rollbar or rollcage. From what I read its seem like its 13.49 but that may be old information, then I read something called the Viper Rule. Can someone help me out, I assume my car will run at least a 13.5 and even better times once I get a tune and CAI but will this stop me at the track? Thanks in advance.:loveyouguys:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I don't know how to edit my post but I want to know how fast I can go in a convertable with out being kick out on a stock 5.0.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Times

It depends on the track rules. According to two different rule books for sanctioned events:

A Vert doing a time of 11.49 or better will need a minimum of roll bar and four point harness.

According to the other rule 11.99 requires a roll cage but dose not specify a harness.

Check with your local track. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.. I did have the wrong helmet and the rule is 13.49 then you need a roll bar.

But its not big deal just tell them the car is gonna run around a 14 and you don't need a helmet and the track unless super strick is not going to bother you.

I ran a 13.35 best time and all 7 runs were at 106 MPH. Car is bone stock.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I am goning to the track, I have a 2011 unmodified convertable 5.0 auto.

How fast can I go with out need a rollbar or rollcage. From what I read its seem like its 13.49 but that may be old information, then I read something called the Viper Rule. Can someone help me out, I assume my car will run at least a 13.5 and even better times once I get a tune and CAI but will this stop me at the track? Thanks in advance.:loveyouguys:
Anything under a 14.00 will need a helmet regardless of vert or not. With a 'vert, 13.50 is the fastest you can run without a rollbar. My track sticks to this. If you are lucky, they will look the other way but who knows. Good luck as it will most likely run faster than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.