Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I recently finished my hci combo on my car. It has tfs 170's, crane 2040 cam (also e cam), and Holley systemax intake for the hci. Right now I'm using 1.6 rockers with no PTV issues. The car runs great. My question is do you guys think I can run 1.7 rockers without having to tear down the motor to fly cut the pistons for valve relief. Any one have any experience with a similar set up? Thanks a lot

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
What bottom end are you using?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Any one have any experience with a similar set up? Thanks a lot
I will in about 3 weeks or so, minus the 1.7s and different cam, but I will be documenting the ptv clearance (with 1.6s) so that the community will know...at least an idea to start with.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bottom end is 100% stock. I did not measure my PTV clearance because I just thought it would work and sure enough it runs hella well. But I guess it would be a gamble adding any more lift at this point with out checking.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wow that's really good to hear! 1.7s huh? Hmmm. Well congrats! Only thing left to do now is get a dyno :smirk
Bottom end is 100% stock. I did not measure my PTV clearance because I just thought it would work and sure enough it runs hella well. But I guess it would be a gamble adding any more lift at this point with out checking.
Northern Cali stand up!:cooldude:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
OP again what bottom end?

100% stock bottom end......of what 1986 GT or a 1995 GT or a 1999 Explorer?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a stock 91 mustang block and to clarify it has 1.6 rockers right now I was wondering if I could up it to 1.7s without checking my piston to valve clearance. Thanks

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Only because you didnt measure the first time. If you had measured before with the 1.6's, then just switching to 1.7's would be fine. The amount of PtV clearance difference between the two rockers arms is real small. Not even enough to really worry about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts