Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you people think looks better?? 1 or 3 piece headlights. i am going to order them this weekend and cant decide.thanks

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
personally, i am a fan of the original 3 piecers. i know they get that "nicotine" look when theyre older, but i really like the yellow lenses on the corner and inner lights. i actually had a lot of luck with a "Flitz" buffer thingy, you hook it to a drill and buff. did wonders on my head lights.

but i guess for you, the 1 piecers would be an easier install, but what if one breaks? you gotta replace the whole thing. with 3p iecers, if you break a corner lamp, or a head lamp, you dont need to replace the whole thing. i think both look great, so its up to you really. i would just avoid those goofy "diamond cut" ones that are all blinged out. im not too fond of the black ones either. but thats all personal pref.

good luck!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true statement about the cracking issue.i think i just might go with the one piece black chrome dimond cut.but do you know where you can get the regular clear 3 pieces from i think i looked on ebay but i wa unable to find a lot of them..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and do they have 1 piecers that are not dimond cut.where?and does the dimond cut do anything for visibility when driving??

·
Registered
688 Posts
What is diamond cut??

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
the diamond cut is just an appearance thing. its like a bling bling headlight. i think its kinda queer, but thats just me.

·
Registered
688 Posts
well i mean is it on the clear part(lense) of the headlight? or on the back part behind the bulb? I was thinking of getting these 1pc units that look almost exactly like the 2000+ mustangs with the clear lense and black housing with i little bit of reflecting chrome behind the bulb. Is this the "queer" diamond cut you are talking about. I think these look cool. They are identical to the new mustangs only shaped to fit a fox.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
these are diamond cut headlights.these are the ''black chrome'' ones that i was leaning tward getting.were these the ones you were talking about getting.if not can you send a link of the ones you were talking about so i can see if i like them better?

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Looks a little like a ricer euro style headlight to me. I personally prefer the look of either the original style 3 piece or the clear corner 3 piece that looks pretty much like original without the yellow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
personally I like the all black no chrome, if I was keeping my stang then I'd go with the all black 1 peice set, you can get them off ebay for appx. 125 to 200 and they in my opinion would look fat as hell...:eyepoppin

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jbspeed86 said:
I dont see any pictures there, but here is a picture of the lights I am interested in getting. They are almost identical to the 2000+ headlights. I personally think they look cool and would give the car an "updated" look.

http://www.optionracing.com/images/eBayPhotoNE/HeadTailLights/8793MustangHLB.jpg
yes those were the ones i was talking about.pretty cool huh?I think i will go with the ''black chrome'' when i get some extra cash.i was planning to order these this weekend but the bbk underdrive pullys and the flex-a-lite fan won me over lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got my 3 piece headlights with clear corners (all original ford equipment, not reproductions) for around $130 from www.blueovalindustries.com they are located in VA and i ordered my lights on monday and they were at my house on wednesday! they have a good selection of parts for the fox. i'd highly recommend them, but you need to find some yellow bulbs that emit the same color. the first set of bulbs i bought were two different colors. other than that, i prefer the clear OEM lights.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks man i think ill order from them when ever i get around to it.they look like there pretty good quality stuff

·
Registered
688 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.