Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to the track to see how fast I can run... I have my MT ET Street Radials on my stock rims and I rev it to 4500 dump the clutch and at first both tires were spinning for all of 1 second then the driver side rear just stops and I do a one wheel burnout... What gives?!?!?

05 Mustang GT, 447rwhp (no NOS)

ATI Procharger W/ SCT Tune only 6psi
Zex 125 wet nitrous system
3.73's
steeda adj lower trailing arms
steeda lowering springs
bassani compcats / x-pipe
MAC Mufflers
Hurst Short shifter

·
Registered
134 Posts
2k5stang said:
So I go to the track to see how fast I can run... I have my MT ET Street Radials on my stock rims and I rev it to 4500 dump the clutch and at first both tires were spinning for all of 1 second then the driver side rear just stops and I do a one wheel burnout... What gives?!?!?
You need a limited slip rear end. Due to the rotation of your driveshaft, the right (passenger) side of the axle lifts slightly which with a standard rear end allows all power to go to the wheel that has the least traction resulting in the single tire burnout. Some cars even have a stiffer spring on the right rear for example the late '60s, early '70s Dodge/Plymouth cars with a 426 Hemi had an additional leaf spring on the right side to help prevent the right side lifting even though they did have limited slip rear ends.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sounds like your traction lok gave up and died.:sosad:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Trac-Loc can't handle the tire bite and the car lifts and unloads one of the tires and the Trac-Loc just not made to handle that car weight and horsepower level. Only solution is a better Locker.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
try a detroit locker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts