Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Peter, do you have any before and after dyno results? :laughlitt

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Sounds like a reasonable price. Had them on my '08 and really miss it in the '13. It's among my plans for the near future.

Frank

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble of installing, but the one-touch would be nice to have. Certainly worth $40.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Peter, do you have any before and after dyno results? :laughlitt
Peak power remained the same but that's not as important as the area under the curve.

The fact that I use my turn signals at all here in NoVA means I've lost that Euro-Douche factor, you know that 'Swerve to Pass' maneuver that instantly gains you 50hp!

Thanks for posting this. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble of installing, but the one-touch would be nice to have. Certainly worth $40.

If anyone buys a kit and can post up the instructions, I can look them over to see how hard it would be. The guys at AM seem to think it isn't too bad and in the comments section there were a few DIY'ers who said the install wasn't bad either.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bought it when it first came out. Somewhat easy install.

Very happy with it so far!

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you notice from my sig, I bought this kit, but have been putting off the install because the directions are not clear at all. The colors on the wires aren't true colors. There are light blue wires with purple strips and dark blue wires with purple strips and the directions say to "splice into the blue wire with the purple stripe." But which one? Some wires are supposed to be tan, but they look more yellow, etc.

Anyway, the point is I wasn't about to start splicing into the wires going into the PCM if I wasn't 100% sure that what I was cutting was what I was supposed to be cutting. I was waiting for more folks to buy this and install it so maybe they could post better directions.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I recall reading a few people complaining about the lack of a one-touch turn signal feature in the newer Mustangs. For those who haven't seen in yet(I just saw it today) American Muscle has a solution for you.

Mustang One-Touch Turn Signal Kit (10-12 All) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

$39.99
Product Features

• Convenient one touch turn signal
  • Turns off by itself
  • Programmable from 2 to 8 flashes
  • Fits all 2010-2012 Mustangs

Mustang One-Touch Turn Signal Kit (10-12 All) Review - YouTube
Grimace427,

Thanks for posting this up on the forums! We're really happy to be carrying this product, for a small fee its actually really cool. The signal will flash 6 times, then quit automatically. So you no longer have to worry about your turn signal blinking for miles annoying other drivers because you forgot to turn it off!

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

-Dan

·
Registered
792 Posts
Grimace427,

Thanks for posting this up on the forums! We're really happy to be carrying this product, for a small fee its actually really cool. The signal will flash 6 times, then quit automatically. So you no longer have to worry about your turn signal blinking for miles annoying other drivers because you forgot to turn it off!

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

-Dan
If you completely push the signal either way until it clicks, will it still stop blinking after 6 blinks? I hope not. I would only want this when you slightly depress the turn signal for changing lanes. Can you clarify?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
If you notice from my sig, I bought this kit, but have been putting off the install because the directions are not clear at all. The colors on the wires aren't true colors. There are light blue wires with purple strips and dark blue wires with purple strips and the directions say to "splice into the blue wire with the purple stripe." But which one? Some wires are supposed to be tan, but they look more yellow, etc.

Anyway, the point is I wasn't about to start splicing into the wires going into the PCM if I wasn't 100% sure that what I was cutting was what I was supposed to be cutting. I was waiting for more folks to buy this and install it so maybe they could post better directions.
The installation instructions are posted on the manufacturer's website at WebElectric Products - Sequential Turn Signals, Sequential Taillights, Sequential Tail Lights, Dynamite Stick Sequential, Pulsing Brake Light Pulser Flasher, One Touch Convertible Top, Dynamite Stick, One Touch Turn Signals, Daytime Running Lights, L. All connections are made at the Smart Junction Box (the fuse box) under the dash behind the passenger's kick panel. None of them involve the PCM. Also, there are no blue wires involved - the four wires involved are violet/white, yellow/gray, gray/yellow, and black. You may have the wrong instructions for your car... the 2005-09 module is different from the 2010+.

If you completely push the signal either way until it clicks, will it still stop blinking after 6 blinks? I hope not. I would only want this when you slightly depress the turn signal for changing lanes. Can you clarify?
Yes, it only works when you use the "lane change" feature of the turn signal switch (i.e. push the lever lightly and release). If you turn the signals completely on they will stay on as normal.

I have several of the products from webelectricproducts.com - the DRL module, the one-touch top module, and the one-touch rear window module (and I had the sequential signals module on my T/A). They are well designed, durable and work exactly as described. The one thing I don't like is their insistence on using wire nuts for some of the connections. It's much better to solder and heat shrink although the install locations can be awkward to work in so the wire nuts are certainly easier.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The installation instructions are posted on the manufacturer's website at WebElectric Products - Sequential Turn Signals, Sequential Taillights, Sequential Tail Lights, Dynamite Stick Sequential, Pulsing Brake Light Pulser Flasher, One Touch Convertible Top, Dynamite Stick, One Touch Turn Signals, Daytime Running Lights, L. All connections are made at the Smart Junction Box (the fuse box) under the dash behind the passenger's kick panel. None of them involve the PCM. Also, there are no blue wires involved - the four wires involved are violet/white, yellow/gray, gray/yellow, and black. You may have the wrong instructions for your car... the 2005-09 module is different from the 2010+.

Yes, it only works when you use the "lane change" feature of the turn signal switch (i.e. push the lever lightly and release). If you turn the signals completely on they will stay on as normal.

I have several of the products from webelectricproducts.com - the DRL module, the one-touch top module, and the one-touch rear window module (and I had the sequential signals module on my T/A). They are well designed, durable and work exactly as described. The one thing I don't like is their insistence on using wire nuts for some of the connections. It's much better to solder and heat shrink although the install locations can be awkward to work in so the wire nuts are certainly easier.

Great info WhiteBird00.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I miss this feature from my last car. Want to buy!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hmmm this is interesting... i never knew such a product existed. Ive never really had an issue with this but for 40 bucks why not?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not trying to sound like an ass...but it seems like some people need to hit the gym if they can't operate the OEM stalks...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Not trying to sound like an ass...but it seems like some people need to hit the gym if they can't operate the OEM stalks...
Too late. You do ;)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
6,080 Posts
But I already have one touch. I touch it once, hold it there until I am done making my lane change, then release it. See, I only touched it once.

If I am making a turn, I touch it once until it clicks, release pressure, make my turn and wouldn't you know it, it clicks off all by itself when I put the wheel straight again. I only touched it once.

Oh, and it comes with indicator lights on the dashboard that flash left or right depending on which direction I had the signal on in case I clicked by accident and needed to switch it off again. Keeps me from leaving my signal on for miles.

Best part is, it came with the car free from the factory:gringreen

I could see it if we had to constantly cycle the stalk to make the light flash-that would be a real PITA, my arm would get real tired waiting in the turn lane:nono:

·
Registered
810 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
But I already have one touch. I touch it once, hold it there until I am done making my lane change, then release it. See, I only touched it once.

If I am making a turn, I touch it once until it clicks, release pressure, make my turn and wouldn't you know it, it clicks off all by itself when I put the wheel straight again. I only touched it once.

Oh, and it comes with indicator lights on the dashboard that flash left or right depending on which direction I had the signal on in case I clicked by accident and needed to switch it off again. Keeps me from leaving my signal on for miles.

Best part is, it came with the car free from the factory:gringreen

I could see it if we had to constantly cycle the stalk to make the light flash-that would be a real PITA, my arm would get real tired waiting in the turn lane:nono:
+1

I remember first experiencing this on a Golf and I remember telling myself that this was cool somewhat, but that system was stock and most importantly, defeatable.

$40 for something that robs control over my signals? No thanks.

I'll chose if I want one flash or six, thank you.

You guys should sign up for the lazy olympics, no offence. I'd rather be "that guy" than "that guy who blew $40".

·
Registered
204 Posts
This mod seems to be the answer to a first-world problem.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sounds like I'm not the only A-hole here! YES! :yelpleased:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.