Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Sony 10" subs and I am thinking of changing. Just thought I would ask 8 inch or 10 inch and whats a good brand for a inclosed box?

Thanks for the help:clap

·
Registered
6 Posts
Phil Madren said:
I have some Sony 10" subs and I am thinking of changing. Just thought I would ask 8 inch or 10 inch and whats a good brand for a inclosed box?

Thanks for the help:clap
I'm actually going with three 10" Diamond Audio M6's powered by two Directed Audio 1100 D Amps. Friend of mine had the same setup in his Durango and it sounded great. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Three 10" diamonds. Only do that if you want to shake the neighborhood. Otherwise go with a good brand 10" sub or subs. An 8" can not produce the deeper tones like a 10 incher can. Also, I have heard nothing good about Sony speakers. I am running a 760W Sony amp ONLY because it is cheap and in a beater daily driver. My last set up had two 10" JL Audio Subs powered by a Phoenix Gold amp. The clarity and bass was awesome and I did not have to shake the neighborhood and the price was reasonable.

Just my two cents

·
Registered
74 Posts
Consider some Bazooka tubes...

I've owned nothing but Bazooka tubes in the past, and really enjoyed the sound that came out of them. I had two 6.5" tubes in an 89 Mustang before, and had one 8" tube in a Supra before. Fantastic sound in both.

·
Banned
36 Posts
sonys are garbage in all honesty i had two 12s as my first system and they didnt make me feel the bass like i want....i dont really care what the neighbors have to say i like to feel the bass raddle my face haha =)
i moved up to a 15 inch L7 from kicker running a 850 watt amp from kenwood....sounded great but now i am going to move up to a 1000 watt amp to give it a lil extra kick in the pants

deffinitly do not get 8 inch subwoofers do urself a ffavor because u might as well grab a speaker instead because theyll both put out as much bass

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have two Rockford Fosgate 8" punches in a double horn loaded box and trust me, that is way more bass than you need. Remember, the interior of the mustang is not that big, so if it works in a durango, its probably too loud for a stang.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Phil,
I'm assuming the yellow pony with the 2 monitors is yours (very nice!) and you own the company GDM. I would have to suggest 10" subs, I prefer JL's cuz i'm old school, not just because they are loud but nice quality sound. The box I would get it custom made to go with your trunk mat design. Don't for get a good amp makes all the difference.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have two Rockford Fosgate 8" punches in a double horn loaded box and trust me, that is way more bass than you need. Remember, the interior of the mustang is not that big, so if it works in a durango, its probably too loud for a stang.

MossMuscle has the Rockford 12 fully enclosed for us w/amp, and the 10" Infinity Q-Link is a bad dude. Both already have built in Amps.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I did 8" in the doors to replace the stock speakers and then 10" in the trunk. I tuned the 8" to do midrange and the sound is tight. I also added a 360 sound system throughout so you can tune the various speakers individually.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm actually going with three 10" Diamond Audio M6's powered by two Directed Audio 1100 D Amps. Friend of mine had the same setup in his Durango and it sounded great. :eyepoppin
Just remember that any SUV has a lot more air space than a mustang's trunk, so that much bass is doing nothing more than making your trunk rattle non-stop. It's best to find subs that work with the airspace you have, even if they're in a sealed box to get the most life and range out of your sub. The most I would do in a mustang would be 2 10" subs or a single 12".

·
Registered
937 Posts
Depending if you want explode heads or just have a nice clean system with bass, you're choices are many. Eights will provide the second and I have had JL audio W7s and they're absolute awesome. Extremely clean and still hit very hard. If you do want to insane levels of bass, you need to get at least tens or twelves. I also had two Rockford tens in a ported box and they would rattle shelves in convenient stores when you went in. :hihi:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
just a thought, sony makes some Xplod speakers for the factory shaker 1000 box. i think they are 8's, but could be 10's. they are capable of pushing out 1500watts and it looks bone stock when the trunk is popped, aside form the amp, of course. my friend has this sub setup in car and they bump hard! however, they recommend you use added hushmat on the trunk, shaker 1000 box, and spare tire enclosure to keep the vibrations to a minimum. im gonna get this, and hide the amp in the spare tire area. add some pioneer premeir replacement tweeters, 5-1/4's and 6-1/2's on the inside..and you will have a stereo that will satisfy all your needs.:bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.