Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I recently got a Bama tuner and have the 91R programed in. I'm curious if anyone knows what kinda power gains I got with the tune. I've searched a ton online to find anything but got nothing. The only thing I found, which I'm sure many of you have seen, is this video

YouTube - ‪2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 - Cold Air Intake & Bama Custom Tune Dyno Results‬‏

In it, the Dyno numbers of the 3.7 Auto with stock airbox and 93 Street tune are 265rwhp. They say that the 93 Street isn't even their most powerful tune. I'm assuming the difference between 91 and 93 is negligible (I could be wrong, obviously), so what do you think, to the best of your knowledge, my engine horsepower is with the 91R tune??? 270rwhp? 275rwhp? Outside of a K&N drop in and the tune, my car is completely stock with auto transmission like the car in the video. Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Well the k&n drop in is nothing. You didn't pick up any hp there. The race tune might, emphasis on MIGHT, pick up the couple hp you lose on 91 vs 93. I'd guess you're at about the same as a 93 Street tune.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't have a link to a dyno, but I remember seeing a post from Chris somewhere in the BAMA tune thread indicating the K & N drop provided gains of 2-4 hp and a slight decrease in torque.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I don't have a link to a dyno, but I remember seeing a post from Chris somewhere in the BAMA tune thread indicating the K & N drop provided gains of 2-4 hp and a slight decrease in torque.

I've said the same thing in the BAMA thread several times and as far back as I can recall he never provided anything that says otherwise. I've followed the thread since last fall and I could've missed it but still nobody has shown me a dyno that backs this up.

I'd love to be wrong. Somebody post something other than just saying it gains HP and I might be inclined to believe it. I have a KN drop in filter in the garage that came with my Procharger kit. 2-4 hp should make it that much more attractive.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I have 1800 miles on my 3.7. I put in the K&N at around 300 mi. I do not feel (or hear) any difference. So why did I get it? I got hyped into it reading about improved airflow and increased MPG, which also I have not seen at all from the filter

Maybe just for sh!ts and giggles and now that I am more familiar with the car I'll switch back to the FoMoCo filter and back again to the K&N for another comparison

·
Registered
288 Posts
I noticed a difference with the volume when I installed my K&N air filter; It was noticably louder, all though still relatively quiet. I also didn't notice any gains in acceleration, but then again, if it only gives (allegedly) a 2-4 hp increase, I honestly don't think I would notice it. I kept mine in because I spent $50 on it and I didn't notice a decrease in performance.

I ordered my tuner and CAI this past Friday, but just changed my order from the JLT CAI to the Airaid since the JLT is out of stock and they would not send me the tuner seperately. I expect that airbox to give me significant gains in both power AND sound.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You'll like the Airaid. I swapped my original JLT CAI out for thr Airaid. The JLT sounded a little more wicked by the Airaid was a ton cleaner and seemed to have the same power increase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts