Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been three years of crappy vinyl stripes and I finally decided to paint them on. My car was hit in the right rear by a friend of mine in a parking lot, so while it was there I had it done. Here are a few pics.

With the old stripes... flat black

Old stripes Side view... side stripes are now gone.

Old stripes from the back

Here the new views... notice the stripesactually wrap around the back of the hood and rear spoiler, they look so much more complete this way... and they are gloss black, the way I wanted them.

Had the front end redone as well to fix the rick chips from all the miles. I still need to remove the grill and repaint it... hopefully soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very nice. Painted stripes really look so much better.

How much did this cost to do if you don't mind me asking? The vinyl on my 427r is looking rough and I've been considering having the stripes painted when I get back home.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very nice, love the painted stripes

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
That looks great!clap4.gif

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I am very happy with the stripes. They cost me $2000, but that included removing the front bumper and stripping it down for a repaint. The front bumper road rash was pretty bad. I only had the stripes over the top done, painting on the 427 stripes (side stripes will include repainting almost the whole car. I would expect it to be more. I had these painted on then cleared so there is no "line" in the paint where the stripe is. I also did not have the Roush painted back on the stripe... although I like the name, its just in to many places on the car!

Very nice. Painted stripes really look so much better.

How much did this cost to do if you don't mind me asking? The vinyl on my 427r is looking rough and I've been considering having the stripes painted when I get back home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts