Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to begin, I added about 3/4 qt of oil at 4500 miles which brought the oil level up to just below the top mark on the stick. At 6200 miles, it hadn't noticeably gone down any.

I turned 6k in May, and got to thinking that even though my oil life indicator still said 60%, I didn't want to go much longer. This past Saturday, with a lot of reluctance about letting someone else put their hands on my car, I took it in to Friendly Ford in Roselle, IL.

Overall, it was a good experience. The tech seemed to take his time checking everything out. Before I turned over the key, I was sure to remind them that the car needs more than 5qts of oil, and they knew exactly what I was talking about.

The best part is, no strange noises cropping up post-oil change. With some of the posts here about it, I was seriously concerned about how things were going to turn out.

So, with 6200 miles on my car, I can't say I've had any major issues, and only one minor (passenger door panel had a rattle... fixed and reported in another thread). MT82 is great, no shifting complaints, no suspension creaks, no weird engine noise, no other interior rattles, no loose pieces...

After washing it on Saturday, I noticed I have a small rock chip on the front lip of the hood, two small chips on the bottom of the driver side a-pillar, and a couple of rock dents on the wheels. Sucks, but I am regularly driving in heavy traffic at 55-75mph, and I don't think any of that is really avoidable.

All-in-all, still loving the car!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I get my first two oil changes for free at my dealership but I'm scared from all the horror stories. Nice to read that someone had no issues after one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's really good to hear. I was thinking of taking mine in to my local Ford dealership to get an oil change soon. When i bought my car the Ford dealership comp'd my first oil change so I figured why not go there. But for future reference how much did they charge?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
god you guys make it sound like it is the minority to not have any issues. just because forums are flooded with people whining and hypochondriacs does not mean it is representative of the silent majority who do not come to post because they don't have a problem

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
god you guys make it sound like it is the minority to not have any issues. just because forums are flooded with people whining and hypochondriacs does not mean it is representative of the silent majority who do not come to post because they don't have a problem
Well, you're right, it isn't representative of the silent majority, however perception can still play havoc with the minds of even the most intelligent individuals, and I'm not that bright. At the same time, it doesn't matter what car I've had, I've always dreaded that first major issue. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. Living in the snow-belt, I don't get a lot of good weather months to enjoy, and I'd rather not have her cooped up at a dealer for days or weeks trying to figure out why something is wrong. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts