Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much can i expect to lower my quarter mile on a 125 shot from a NX palte system I installed the system and have run it many times but want to see some numbers from others running the same shot on a S197. I dont have a S/C but some other mod like drivshaft and 3.73 intake etc.

I run between 12.6 and 12.8 on eagle F-1 supercar tires from Goodyear.

I spray the shot off the line I found spraying from first gear was better than second.

I will run faster with drag radials and when I find my launch sweet spot.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually no not yet I am tryign to get over to haywood customs in benson NC but haven;t had the money I am working on getting drag radials to hit 11's. do you know any plac ethat can nitorus tune over 100hp shot they have e-mail tunes for 100hp shot but not higher.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I don't think running an email 125 shot tune is a real good idea. I'm not aware of anyone who will do it.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I run a zex 125 shot,see times below. I would not even think of running the 125 shot without some sort of tune, preferrably a dyno tune.With traction, you will se at least a second difference.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I don't think running an email 125 shot tune is a real good idea. I'm not aware of anyone who will do it.
I wouldn't run anything over a 100 shot with out a dyno tune and to be honest I'd be a little concerned about the 100 shot!

You're getting into an area where you could run out of fuel you need to be careful. What mods do you have to the fuel system?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no fuel mods 93 octane tune and a CAI. I am going to upgrade to bigger fuel rails but not injecters. I am still trying to get a price for the tune.

hey BLK281GT how much did it cost to tune your gt.

I am not running lean or rich on the shot and my engine it not getting real hot. and I know with traction I will hit in the 11's no prob.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
My tune cost me $400.00. Currently it is a "safe" 100 shot tune and i have 125 jets in it with no issues.Over the winter i will upgrade the fuel system and re-tune with the 150 shot and that will be as far as i go.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I have no fuel mods 93 octane tune and a CAI. I am going to upgrade to bigger fuel rails but not injecters. I am still trying to get a price for the tune.

hey BLK281GT how much did it cost to tune your gt.

I am not running lean or rich on the shot and my engine it not getting real hot. and I know with traction I will hit in the 11's no prob.
I think the issue isn't the fuel rails. You need to look at upgrading the pump. A GT500 system would be nice but you can swap your pump for a GT40 pump and that would do the trick.

You're not running lean or rich? Have you read the plugs regularly?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Future plans

I plan to upgrade to the gt40 pumps in about a month and the fuel rails as well. All the dyno shops around me either suck or went out of buisness. One dyno tryed to charge 250 just to do a hp pull not a tune.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Yea like the other guys said a tune is prtty important for running that much juice. Around my area dyno tunes are in the 200$ range.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I plan to upgrade to the gt40 pumps in about a month and the fuel rails as well. All the dyno shops around me either suck or went out of buisness. One dyno tryed to charge 250 just to do a hp pull not a tune.
You really don't need the rails (I'm assuming this is a wet shot) just one GT40 pump. Swap it in for your regular pump and you're good pump should run you $175.00 I think.

You need to be reading those plugs if you're spraying with out a dyno tune. You could be a bit lean and burning straps off the plug and not know it till you start having engine trouble and hopefully that happens before you spray it and cause some major problems.

You also need to move to a colder plug if you're over a 75 shot (maybe it's a 100 shot can't remember).

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
You really don't need the rails (I'm assuming this is a wet shot) just one GT40 pump. Swap it in for your regular pump and you're good pump should run you $175.00 I think.

You need to be reading those plugs if you're spraying with out a dyno tune. You could be a bit lean and burning straps off the plug and not know it till you start having engine trouble and hopefully that happens before you spray it and cause some major problems.

You also need to move to a colder plug if you're over a 75 shot (maybe it's a 100 shot can't remember).
Hey PLstang, is the gt40 pump an easy upgrade ? that what i was thinking of doing over the winter when i switch to the 150 shot.Is this a Ford item i assume.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found out good news

I already have 1 stage colder spark plug. and the fuel rails ddo matter they are just another supporting seture like getting a gt 500 fuel pump with no fuel line upgrade.

A shop I got to finally got there dyno up and running I am going to them next month. going tomorrow to check hp with and without nitrous.

and the gt40 pumps are more around 108 a piece or go to rpmoutlet.com and get them for $199 for 2.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
over 100 shot one stage colder

Yes it's 100 shot go one stage colder and it's thankfully $200 dollars to do a run a tune at this shop. Here's a good site to text your own nitrous.

Testing and Tuning Nitrous Systems

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I already have 1 stage colder spark plug. and the fuel rails ddo matter they are just another supporting seture like getting a gt 500 fuel pump with no fuel line upgrade.

A shop I got to finally got there dyno up and running I am going to them next month. going tomorrow to check hp with and without nitrous.

and the gt40 pumps are more around 108 a piece or go to rpmoutlet.com and get them for $199 for 2.
Wow, I guess my stock fuel rails shouldn't have been running that 490rwhp when I had my 4.6L and KB then.:headscratch:

I was simply stating you don't NEED to upgrade them. The stock ones will handle the HP you're making but it's your nickle.

I also stated "I think" they were around that price. I did that upgrade a year and a half ago...I've slept since then.

Sounds like you got it all figured out though. Good luck with the car!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Hey PLstang, is the gt40 pump an easy upgrade ? that what i was thinking of doing over the winter when i switch to the 150 shot.Is this a Ford item i assume.
Yeah It's a simple mod you can do yourself. I ran my 5.4 cobra transplant with 1 GT40 pump and a bap for a long while. I was making over 600 rwhp at the time and spraying a 75 shot on the Eaton with no problem. I don't see why you couldn't go to the 175 shot if you wanted to with that pump. Just get you a good dyno tune and make sure your A/F is good!

You can get them at a number of places.....although I don't recommend RPM for obvious reason's. To many people have had issues with them.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
175 shot :happyhapp I was trying to keep that idea out of my head for a while! Thanks alot:gringreen

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
175 shot :happyhapp I was trying to keep that idea out of my head for a while! Thanks alot:gringreen
Well I sure hope your not expecting me to help you there!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
150 shot

I wouldn't recomend going above 150 shot on a stock block unless you have a really good tune this comes from ford and all the nitrous companies. But once the addiction hits you say maybe it will handle it I am the same way.

I dont know all your mods gt with zex but I was reading mm&ff and they pulled 146HP out of livernois head and a set of stage 4 comp cams, I know that adding more power and not building the block but damn thats good. Also a company recomending keeping your crank becuase it is unessesary it is never the part to casue the problem or be the problem manly the piston or rod so for the bottom end all you really need is new piston and rods. I am doing mine in january.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.