Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good place to get 12 V, switched with the ON position on the ignition (not the Accessory position). Under the hood would be preferred.

·
Registered
767 Posts
What kind of apm draw are you talking? What are you going to hook up to it?
If you are talking minimal amp draw and voltage, such as a trigger source for a relay, you can go to several different fuses in the power distribution box under the hood. I don't have my owners manual in front of me to remember the fuse numbers but I think fuse #42 ( PCM ). Any of the PCM fuses, fuel pump fuse, or anything like that will work. Now if you are actually going to be drawing some amperage from it then definitely do not hook it up to one of those fuses with a fuse tap. Instead go get yourself a fuel pump relay and build the 12V circuit and then tap one of those fuses to use as a trigger for the relay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks hawgman. Not sure on the amp draw, but I was planning on using a relay anyway. It is to make a daytime running light circuit. If anyone has a wiring diagram of the headlights, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I used fuse #42 for the trigger voltage for my EH2O circuit. Also, the wire loom that leads to the PDB, there are two red wires in there. Both are switched 12V leads.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
fusible link

Frost said:
Thanks hawgman. Not sure on the amp draw, but I was planning on using a relay anyway. It is to make a daytime running light circuit. If anyone has a wiring diagram of the headlights, it would be appreciated.
Back in the day, I wired my off road driving lights right to the battery, with an "in-line fusible link" available at any auto parts store. Then, to make things a little more copacetic, with the local constabluary, I spliced the wires with one of those little blue, plastic clips that link one wire to another without cutting either one. Spliced them to the highbeams so they couldn't come on, unless I had the highbeams on. Those lights were so great. I really miss them. Have a similar set, on the truck but not so bright. Darn it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts