Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
I use the Hawk ceramic pads. There's no brake dust. That is a welcome change from the stock pads.

·
Registered
571 Posts
hello

I have the premium brembo package and am wondering what pads should I get for my front?

I was looking at these:
StopTech Street Performance Mustang Brake Pads - Front 309.10010 (07-12 GT500; 12-13 Boss 302; 11-14 GT Brembo) - Free Shipping

But I was hoping to find some hawk pads.

Any suggestions/thoughts will be awesome.

Thanks for reading!
Hello vsixxer24,

What are you looking for in your brake pads( Street, Track, etc)?

If you're looking for a performance street pad with low dust and noise, take a look at our Stillen Metal Matrix brake pads. They are designed to have a very nice bite at on the street without the need to warm up like many high performance pads.

You can see all our brake options HERE.

We also have a great brake promotion right now. Free Stillen Metal Matrix brake pads with every set of Stillen Sport rotors purchased. You can see our various designs HERE.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call at (714)540-5566 ext 159.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
hello

I have the premium brembo package and am wondering what pads should I get for my front?

I was looking at these:
StopTech Street Performance Mustang Brake Pads - Front 309.10010 (07-12 GT500; 12-13 Boss 302; 11-14 GT Brembo) - Free Shipping

But I was hoping to find some hawk pads.

Any suggestions/thoughts will be awesome.

Thanks for reading!
Hey v,

In most cases, I go in and give you my recommendation, in this case, you are right on the money!

I run that exact kit on my 2014 Track Pack GT and absolutely love them, you will too.

If you don't already have it, make sure to shoot me a PM for the forums discount!

Hope this helps and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

-Will

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
HPS is another good and very popular pad for street use. It is also very low dust and low noise.

Others will recommend Carbotech pads as well.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I'm one who recommends carbotech. 1521's for street use. Either those or stock for a street car.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I'm one who recommends carbotech. 1521's for street use. Either those or stock for a street car.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I have redstuff on the front with stock in the back on the street and hawk hps front for the road course.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hp plus for track not hps

·
Registered
32 Posts
just going to bump this instead of making a new thread. I checked the price for front pads for my 13 GT with the brembo package and list is $600? Even with my discount for working at a Ford dealer they are still $400 for just the pads :surprise:

Are they any better then the what Hawk is offering that they cost more then double the price? Guess I just replace them with something from Hawk. $400 is insane

·
Registered
412 Posts
Also hawk has a new HPS 5.0 pad which supposed to be an improved version of the HPS series. I'm trying these pads out when I install my brembos

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
just going to bump this instead of making a new thread. I checked the price for front pads for my 13 GT with the brembo package and list is $600? Even with my discount for working at a Ford dealer they are still $400 for just the pads :surprise:

Are they any better then the what Hawk is offering that they cost more then double the price? Guess I just replace them with something from Hawk. $400 is insane
I would personally go with carbotech 1521's or redstuff on the front if you want something for the street. Carbotech will cost more than the redstuff though but you can interchange the carbotech brand with different different carbotech materials and not worry about needing to change or have the rotors turned for proper bedding.

Carbotech Rear Pads for S197 Mustang - Vorshlag LLC

Redstuff Ceramic Brake Pads

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also hawk has a new HPS 5.0 pad which supposed to be an improved version of the HPS series. I'm trying these pads out when I install my brembos
yea I am looking at these as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
hawk takes a toll on the rotors. I have the hps and I need new rotors next time I change pads. ill be going with some vorshlag stuff. brake lines, carbotech and centric rotors.

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
I have the StopTech street performance pads from the original post, and they are working great for me so far.

They work well on the street when cold, and they work better when they get some heat into them. I have not been able to significantly fade them on the road track, yet. (I guess I need to learn to brake harder)

Price is very reasonable on Tire Rack . . . I don't recall the number but I want to say it was under $100 for the set.

The only downside so far, is they are quite dusty; wheels get dirty quick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts