Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well washed my car yesterday, thought i run a lil bit,, gettin on it,, got on highway ran it up to 135 still was climbing but let off,,,,now my engine light is on,, i recently put in the o/r h pipe. all sensors are plugged in, but i was told eventually till i get tune to turn off rear sensors this light will eventually come on,,,,sully......:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
well washed my car yesterday, thought i run a lil bit,, gettin on it,, got on highway ran it up to 135 still was climbing but let off,,,,now my engine light is on,, i recently put in the o/r h pipe. all sensors are plugged in, but i was told eventually till i get tune to turn off rear sensors this light will eventually come on,,,,sully......:bigthumbsup
Yes you need to have them turned off. It will come on till you do.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yes you need to have them turned off. It will come on till you do.
Can someone tell me WHY they have to be turned off. My car flunked emissions inspection because they weren't operating. Otherwise it would have passed with the Tillman's tune installed. I've asked Chris by e-mail and haven't gotten a response for two weeks. (Just 'cause? is not an answer)

Frank

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
:nono: That's too fast for the road.

Wow, just looked at your profile, I figured you were a 18 year old idiot. I was only half wrong

+1

even though your a fellow stanger, 135 on a highway is stupid. id have a feeling you were trying to race me and id have to catch up just to get your plate number...:shigrin

no seriously... if you wanna go fast, go out west to one of the non speed lilited roads, or the salt flats.

think of the others on the road

i mean sure ive hit 100... and im sure if i hit a car at 100 or 135 it dont matter... but thats to fast.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Can someone tell me WHY they have to be turned off. My car flunked emissions inspection because they weren't operating. Otherwise it would have passed with the Tillman's tune installed. I've asked Chris by e-mail and haven't gotten a response for two weeks. (Just 'cause? is not an answer)

Frank
The function of the rear O2s it to monitor the efficency of the Catts. I have a tune I've labled emission which has the O2s truned on when I have to get it inspected. I he didn't respond just give him a call.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
if you wanna go fast, go out west to one of the non speed lilited roads, or the salt flats.
or dragstrip:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i dont like goin fast and i had a long clearing,, no cars at all,,,,,i dont like high speed if it was up to me 120 plenty fast id just wanna get there in like 8 seconds .......sully:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
:nono: That's too fast for the road.
To a certain degree I agree (that sounds weird). But….

There are drivers out there that are 10 times safer at 175mph than 80% of the population is at 75mph.

Not an excuse (I’m pretty sure everyone knows how fast I drive and my qualifications), I know its way down the list of good ideas and I pick and choose my moments very well.

The reason and the blame for driving 135mph being “bad” is the responsibility of the powers that be. You can get a drivers license in this country with an IQ of about 50, the motor skills of a stroke victim and literally be legally blind (a buddy of mine has a drivers license and is LEGALY BLIND!). With a 2-3 day advanced driving course mandatory to get a license similar to the one put on by Mid Ohio Raceway and Honda I’ll bet dollars to donuts that you could raise the legal limit to 100mph and driving deaths (on freeways) wouldn’t increase and would probably go down.

The Mid-Ohio School

·
Registered
781 Posts
To a certain degree I agree (that sounds weird). But….

There are drivers out there that are 10 times safer at 175mph than 80% of the population is at 75mph.

Not an excuse (I’m pretty sure everyone knows how fast I drive and my qualifications), I know its way down the list of good ideas and I pick and choose my moments very well.

The reason and the blame for driving 135mph being “bad” is the responsibility of the powers that be. You can get a drivers license in this country with an IQ of about 50, the motor skills of a stroke victim and literally be legally blind (a buddy of mine has a drivers license and is LEGALY BLIND!). With a 2-3 day advanced driving course mandatory to get a license similar to the one put on by Mid Ohio Raceway and Honda I’ll bet dollars to donuts that you could raise the legal limit to 100mph and driving deaths (on freeways) wouldn’t increase and would probably go down.

The Mid-Ohio School
Agreed, Im not going to say thats too fast cause weve all done it at one point in time. But just pick the time to do it wisely as it appears u did. Just remember that while ur fully capiable of driving that fast, not many ppl are good enough drivers to really be able to tell how fast ur going and not get out of the way. happens alot on motocycles, theyre flying and the ppl can judge their speeds and get over and theyve gotta hit the breaks HARD. Just be safe... btw *it rides really smooth when u get up there* :D

How do u like that GT500 sqidd? pushed it yet?

·
Registered
781 Posts
eh just read about the GT500 on the 05 talk... dang thats why u dont get married lol. No voice of reason! On the bright side, get one nest yr with more HP!

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
happens alot on motocycles, theyre flying and the ppl can judge their speeds
Lost two friends that way. they were doing about 70 in a 35. Dumb

How do u like that GT500 sqidd? pushed it yet?
Check my sig and look at the post in 2005 Talk. I was going to pick it up in the morning.............

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ive been to 120 in my car before, scared the hell out of me. I was 17 and never did it again...

·
Registered
781 Posts
Lost two friends that way. they were doing about 70 in a 35. Dumb

Check my sig and look at the post in 2005 Talk. I was going to pick it up in the morning.............
Man I hate it for u, I know how excited u were. But DW ull get one Im sure!

But to be honest, u have one badass GT so ur still better off then me at this point, then again im 18 and just happy to have a car :D

Thats also why, If i see a motorcycle hauling I give him as much space as possible, Seeing grandma or a soccer mom on the cell fone cutting in front of em makes me cringe... no1 wants to see the result of a motorcycle crash especially at that speed.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I myself did about 125~130 or so. (not 100% sure was to busy watching road.)

was 4 mile straight away and no one in front or behind me that i could see in a 2 lane per side highway (with physical barrier between). Won't ever do it again. It is Far to fast for most anyone to be doing on a road.

·
Registered
781 Posts
eh just depends on who u r lol some ppl love the speed others freak.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.