Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my dealership do my oil changes so far since they cost only 20.00.

But now my 15,000 mile scheduled maintenance is due.

I don't need to have the tires rotated yet. And they don't have to change my air filter since I have the after market C&L intake.

This is what he told me they would do.

1) Change fuel filter
2) Change cabin air filter
3) Clean my intake air filter with the cleaning kit they have for that
4) Check all my hoses, brakes, etc...the "Multi-point inspection"
5) Oil and filter change

They said it would take about 1 hour to 1½ hours and would probably cost about 100.00.

Does that sound reasonable for that stuff ?

I'd like to have this done before I make the trip to NJ for the AFM meet on June 20....I have about 14,500 miles on my GT now.

Don't suggest do it yourself because I am NOT a DIYer....lol.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$100 is a very good deal.
Mark...thanks much !! I will make an appointment with them to have that done.

I wish I was a DIYer....I more concerned with them doing stuff to my car than I am with the price....lol.

But they know me there and they always comment on my car and treat it with kid gloves :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just make sure that they don't over oil that cone filter!
How do I do that since I don't know how much is too much to begin with ?

S

·
0 Posts
If you're not a DIY'er then no worries. That is a good price. One and two on the list aren't hard (if you ever wanted to try some time) they're just a bit fiddly to swap.

The way I look at it, if time is a precious resource and you trust the guys doing the work then you can't lose.

Concerning the filter oiling - they should know what they're doing but it might not hurt to casually ask them if they'll stand behind a replacement MAF sensor if they oil it too much and oil gets on the sensor and fries it.

If it was originally included in the price I'd have them go ahead and rotate the tires... just to play it safe.

:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're not a DIY'er then no worries. That is a good price. One and two on the list aren't hard (if you ever wanted to try some time) they're just a bit fiddly to swap.

The way I look at it, if time is a precious resource and you trust the guys doing the work then you can't lose.

Concerning the filter oiling - they should know what they're doing but it might not hurt to casually ask them if they'll stand behind a replacement MAF sensor if they oil it too much and oil gets on the sensor and fries it.

If it was originally included in the price I'd have them go ahead and rotate the tires... just to play it safe.

:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup
Thanks Snack !!

How often do I need to rotate the tires ? Is it every 5000 miles ? If that is the case then I probably should have that done to.

I don't need to have them re-balanced if I have them rotated do I ?

Because I had them balanced on their Road Force machine which is more costly than static balancing....

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
The Goodyear site says at least 6000 miles for rotation and recommends to balance them 12 months or 12k miles.
You can also get a dryflow air filter which does not require oil.
The dealer charged me 80 bucks just to change the fuel filter. :so

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Goodyear site says at least 6000 miles for rotation and recommends to balance them 12 months or 12k miles.
You can also get a dryflow air filter which does not require oil.
Where would I find a dryflow filter for a C&L intake ?

·
Registered
13,191 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
They should be fine oiling the filter if you can't get an oil free one.

If for some reason the car starts to act a little funny at idle and such then you can always clean the MAF sensor (not a big deal).

However, odds are you'll be fine!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
338 Posts
you don't need the cabin OR fuel filter changed at 15k. And Ill bet the dealer will NOT change either one and charge you $100. Thats why its so cheap.. They are not doing anything

·
Registered
137 Posts
thats a good price.. they charged me 130 for the same service..

i have a k&n high flow filter (just the replacement for the stock one, not a CAI), what could happen if you under oil it?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you don't need the cabin OR fuel filter changed at 15k. And Ill bet the dealer will NOT change either one and charge you $100. Thats why its so cheap.. They are not doing anything
Wow...and I thought I was a skeptic....lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.