Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever attempted putting the higher 150 speedo in a 99-04 v6 car? It seems like with todays auto computers it should be possible to recalibrate.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I think you would need the guage face, and the speedo recalibrator to do this. Unless you can plug n play a tuner to change it Im unsure really, no need to go that fast anyways :winks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there any electrical differences between the 99-00 and the 01-04 speedo gauge clusters? Or anything that would make a difference between the two years? Would it be as easy as getting a 150/8k overlay and having the car's computer recalibrated? As far as driving 150+, been there, done that. I'm mearly looking for another cool mod to do during the winter. I seem to pick the projects that few or none have done before. I like it that way.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
CDR Stang said:
Are there any electrical differences between the 99-00 and the 01-04 speedo gauge clusters? Or anything that would make a difference between the two years? Would it be as easy as getting a 150/8k overlay and having the car's computer recalibrated? As far as driving 150+, been there, done that. I'm mearly looking for another cool mod to do during the winter. I seem to pick the projects that few or none have done before. I like it that way.
yes, there are differences, and they're not interchangeable.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
you may have to get a speedo gear that would fit your connection for a 150mph setup. I think the late modles run off the transmission, not the rear differential

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
when the bullit speedos came out, I liked 'em and was going to install the cluster.

It took more than I was able to do.

But, I'm fairly ignorant of electronics, so if you're good at it, and can come up with a fix, you could probably make some money on a set of adapters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.