Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just measured GT vert automatic with GTech Pro RR.
Strange thing is that 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears show 220hp but 4th gives only 160hp.
Is it because of much higher drag from drive or is it caused by "eco" map for 4th gear?
As second picture shows this 60hp difference makes 4th gear's dyno much more flat then for others.
Other question is that I want to buy SCT X3 so I'd like to ask you how to set shiftpoints for quarter mile?

Regards,
Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
Gtech Pro is not accurate for horsepower so dont put much faith in that. The Gtech works pretty well for 1/4 mile though. Dynos are alwaysd done in 4th gear, it is a 1:1 drive ratio.
Shiftpoint need to be set in your tune. You cant set them in the user-defined settings when you load the tune. Your tuner needs to use the Advantage III software to modify the shift points in the tune itself.
You can adjust the line pressures up/down up to 20% and you can adjust shift points slightly by adding/subtract ing Miles per Hour on each gear. You can not actually set them as RPM setting unless you have it done in the tune.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a GTech Pro and it's pretty spot on for it's times, such as 0-60mph, 1/4 mile, 0-60ft, etc.

The two times I was at the track it never differed from the timeslip by more than .15 except the time I had huge traction loss and this seemed to skew the results a fair bit.

Imo, it's a really nice little unit.

The HP numbers are pretty much meaningless though, I guess they may be handy to do a comparison to see if a mod increased or decreased power, the numbers would probably get lower or higher but even then I don't know how much faith I'd put in it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I watched a Youtube video on it and it seemed to be very accurate in relation to the time slips. But it was a video with the company owner demonstrating so who knows. If it is fairly accurate I might have to get one of them sumbitches

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.