Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just ordered these rims (Link below) and I wanted some tires that were nice looking but had a decent sidewall to them because on a 17" rim i dont want to have a easy blow out but I also dont want the sidewall being huge...245/45 is the tire size i was looking at for the front.......

http://www.americanmuscle.com/corwhc19st14.html

theres the link but I just wanted to know quick so I could put these puppies on and ready up. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, I just ordered these rims (Link below) and I wanted some tires that were nice looking but had a decent sidewall to them because on a 17" rim i dont want to have a easy blow out but I also dont want the sidewall being huge...245/45 is the tire size i was looking at for the front.......

http://www.americanmuscle.com/corwhc19st14.html

theres the link but I just wanted to know quick so I could put these puppies on and ready up. Thanks.
I have 245/40 in the front and 275s in the back. If you go with 275s, you might need to roll the fenders.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have those same rims on my 88 GT with 255/45 tires on them. Plenty of room in the rear and a very little rub in the front at full turn. Of course that could change if you have lowering springs. I have the FRPP M-5300-C springs on mine so it is a little lower then stock.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
More Cobra R's...

Those tires will work fine on those wheels, although you might have some minor tire rub in the front at full turn.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet thanks, I will order some tires this week and have it done..I'll put pictures up but does anybody know how much of a difference the performance chips do? I found one for like 250 but I wanted to know if it made that big of a difference torque, hp wise?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks for the help guys im ordering my tires tomorrow i got my rims. I will put pics up of them when i put them on my car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.