Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I had the 18" rims tires mounted from my stock 17". Shared some photos here and all was great. Well after 50 or so miles the Tire Pressure Monitor Fault light came on. So I took it to Ford to recalibrate for the new size. They said I couldn't do it with my SCT 2. I was told this would not effect my custom tune. They recalibrate it, no fault light. Great! I went to drive off and the CEL was on. Back in the shop they read the code and it was a lean code (I didn't get the number). The mechanic checked the gas cap and cleared it. Came back on when I started the car. I had gone to the their body shop. Another issue with some paint pealing around the rear window in the channel. Again back to the service dept. They said it would be an hour to isolate the problem. I had to go to work. They told me the car would be fine and could come back later or Monday. So did they mess up my tune and do I need to re-flash it back? I have a JLT II with an SCT x2. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Ok I had the 18" rims tires mounted from my stock 17". Shared some photos here and all was great. Well after 50 or so miles the Tire Pressure Monitor Fault light came on. So I took it to Ford to recalibrate for the new size. They said I couldn't do it with my SCT 2. I was told this would not effect my custom tune. They recalibrate it, no fault light. Great! I went to drive off and the CEL was on. Back in the shop they read the code and it was a lean code (I didn't get the number). The mechanic checked the gas cap and cleared it. Came back on when I started the car. I had gone to the their body shop. Another issue with some paint pealing around the rear window in the channel. Again back to the service dept. They said it would be an hour to isolate the problem. I had to go to work. They told me the car would be fine and could come back later or Monday. So did they mess up my tune and do I need to re-flash it back? I have a JLT II with an SCT x2. Any help would be appreciated.
It sounds like they refashed you car to the stock tune. You need to get the strat code with you X2 and call your tuner and have him change the code and send you an updated tune. And yes you could change your wheel speed in the X2 if your tuner didn't lock it up completely. I changed mine when I went with the 295/45/28s.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like they refashed you car to the stock tune. You need to get the strat code with you X2 and call your tuner and have him change the code and send you an updated tune. And yes you could change your wheel speed in the X2 if your tuner didn't lock it up completely. I changed mine when I went with the 295/45/28s.
So this strat code. Is it something that I navigate through the SCT to find and give this number to the tuner? Is the car alright to drive until? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
So this strat code. Is it something that I navigate through the SCT to find and give this number to the tuner? Is the car alright to drive until? Thanks.
Yes you will find the Strategy code in, I think it's under the info screen or DTCs . That number and letter is what you need to give to your tuner.

I wouldn't drive it that way. If you have your stock setup I would install it till you get your tune.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you will find the Strategy code in, I think it's under the info screen or DTCs . That number and letter is what you need to give to your tuner.

I wouldn't drive it that way. If you have your stock setup I would install it till you get your tune.
Thanks. But the OEM intake is 15-20 miles at my parents house. Not safe to drive there? So what it sounds like is my hand tuner is locked out so I couldn't just re-download the existing tune to the car? I told Ford don't reflash the PCM.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Thanks. But the OEM intake is 15-20 miles at my parents house. Not safe to drive there? So what it sounds like is my hand tuner is locked out so I couldn't just re-download the existing tune to the car? I told Ford don't reflash the PCM.
You could drive there very carefully. It sounds like they did to me.:scratchchin I could be wrong but it would be the first time this year :hihi:. But the best way to find out is to read the strat code and call your tuner. he can read the code and compare it with the 4 digit code he wrote you tune under.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a happy ending for me. After work Friday I went home (skipped happy hour) and hooked up the SCT. Well my custom tune downloaded and cleared the CEL. Car feels great. So no SCT lockout. No CEL. No going back to the OEM air intake. I think I am back in the saddle! Thanks traverlers for your help. :bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.