Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into some 17x10s for the rear of my vert but will they fit with just removing the quads? Im not going to try to fit huge tire on them maybe a 275 or a 285 on a 17x10 pony r. I do not want to roll the fender lip and risk screwing up the paint though... If anyone knows please post thanks! btw its an lx if that matters

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I've got a buddy with a 92 gt that is running 305s on a 18x10.5 in the back. he had to seriously "massage" the inner fender with hammer though. I would think they would fit with just that removed, you might have to tap a couple of spots with a hammer, but I doubt if its a big deal.

·
Registered
170 Posts
yup....

I didn't massage though...I BEAT THE CRAP outta the rear inner fender..lol!!!!

I got rid of the quad and changed out my LCA to MM LCA's. I heard that if you just remove the quad with the stock LCA's..you might end up with wheel hop. But I ordered some LCA's anyway...so I just used them. People have just got rid of the quad with no wheel hop.

But I managed to get a Saleen 18x10 with 285's in the rear of my 90 Fox Convertible. I love um!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup....

I didn't massage though...I BEAT THE CRAP outta the rear inner fender..lol!!!!

I got rid of the quad and changed out my LCA to MM LCA's. I heard that if you just remove the quad with the stock LCA's..you might end up with wheel hop. But I ordered some LCA's anyway...so I just used them. People have just got rid of the quad with no wheel hop.

But I managed to get a Saleen 18x10 with 285's in the rear of my 90 Fox Convertible. I love um!!:bigthumbsup
"Nicee you didnt have to do anything to the fender lip though?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont want to roll the lip and risk messing up the paint though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts