1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Damn! The color looks perfect! Excellent match. It sounds like you had a lot of little troubles with the wheels though. Fitting them to the car? Oh well, it looks awesome. I am totally thinking about the black ones, to match my car and some 255 fronts and 275 rears.

How do you like them, after getting them on and set up? Worth the bit of trouble with the calipers?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Dear Osiris,

Love your wheels...

Where did you get the front grille work with the center fog lamps??? I have been researching suppliers but like the ones that you have on your car...

Thanks in advance for any ideas or comments...

Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey those wheels and tires look great!:eyepoppin Just wondering, what was the problem u had fitting them on cause i was thinking of getting the same ones in black but im scared of them not fitting well. Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! The only problem was wheather the fronts would fit without a 1/4 inch spacer. The spacer is needed only for caliper clearance because of the deep dish. Other than that they are just fine. They come from Mustang Tuning with the spacers though so its all ok. The rims themselves are Topline. I know Discount can order directly from them.

I'm not that happy with Mustang Tuning though. It seems that the 18x10's are kinda rare and no one had any in stock. Discount Tire told me that it would be 6 weeks for them to get any so I went to Mustang Tuning, they said 1 week. 2 weeks later when I still had not recieved a shipping confirmation they said another 2 weeks at least. To top that the centercaps I ordered 3 days ago still have not shipped, I even spent the extra $15 to have them 3 day'd to me.

I should have just stayed with Discount because it was a friend who would have made it easier on the checkbook... oh well. I am totally happy with the wheels though. It feels like it corners a lot better. Next time I am gonna get 255 in the front, the rim is showing just a tad too much as it is.
The front grill is done by Street Scene. I ordered it from http://www.musclecardirect.com/store/index.php?cPath=22_1872_1875_1876 It doesn't fit as well as I'd like and its not for a show car but I am totally happy with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Center caps :(

As much as I love these wheels. (And I will be getting some of my own) I hate the center caps. I wish they were more like the american racing wheel ones that they copy. I could almost live with the snake ones they were using but these new ones......What were they thinking :mad:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I got the same set of wheels from Mustang Tuning last fall (mounted 245/45s in front 275/40s on the rear). With the spacer that they provide, it is a perfect fit and clears the caliper by about 0.1 inch. I really like the looks and the handliing

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.