Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
I could never figure out why they do that on the GT500's, makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I am a fan of the 4 square philosophy and probably going with the 19 x 9.5 SVE Drifts all the way around, having said that those SS wheels rock and will look awesome on your ride.

You just won't be able to rotate them, then again there seems to be something wrong with my GT because it keeps wearing out the rears much quicker than the fronts >:)

Scott

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I am a fan of the 4 square philosophy and probably going with the 19 x 9.5 SVE Drifts all the way around, having said that those SS wheels rock and will look awesome on your ride.

Scott
You just won't be able to rotate them, then again there seems to be something wrong with my GT because it keeps wearing out the rears much quicker than the fronts >:)

Nothing wrong with your car. There might be something wrong with your right foot or just plain having too much fun. It is difficult not to.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Depends on if you are interested in handling balance. What you are proposing will increase under-steer, but maybe that's not a concern for you.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I am more partial to the second rims the OP listed. Personally I think 18" or 19" rims (depending on how much the car is lowered) look best on our cars and 20 is just too big, especially on lowered cars. Regardless though, if you are going staggered make sure to get a 19x9 or 20x9 in front, and not 19x8.5 like most of american muscle's 19" rims. I don't understand why they do this. When staggering you really don't want to go more than an inch difference, unless all you care about is straight line performance. Also the 9" width in the front will help with handling.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got 19" all around on my Crown Vic. Most people just notice the "cool rims" until they really look and see they are oversized. And with the wider width, I can do my canyon carving with a breeze. Yup, she is set up for slalom and road racing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have 19x9 up front and 20x11 in the rear and its lowered with steeda superlite springs and has koni adjustable shocks.
Front tires are 255/40R19 and 315/30R20 in the back
No problem at all taking sharp corners :wink:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I have 19x9 up front and 20x11 in the rear and its lowered with steeda superlite springs and has koni adjustable shocks.
Front tires are 255/40R19 and 315/30R20 in the back
No problem at all taking sharp corners :wink:
You aren't driving the corners hard enough.

Norm

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do you think my car would look with 20" black mamba black chrome wheels? And lowered 1-1.2" front and rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also considering the 19" niche targa anthracite staggered setup 19x8.5" front, 19x10" rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just went with Verde Axis V99 rims.
19x8.5 front
20x10.5 rear
Aesthetically I prefer the staggered rim diameters.
Especially since I did not want to lower the car from stock, since our roads are horrible.

At stock height:
19 inch for both and the rear looks too small
20 inch for both and the fronts look too big
Sorry I have not been able to take any better pictures, but in the small attached photo the wheels appear proportionate.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts