Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I was preparing for my first show this Saturday when my carburetor began to leak. Having just purchased the car I was not sure as to the age or depth of the leak so I chose to replace the carburetor… well easier said than done.
I visited my local auto part store and none of the parts stores carried the carburetor that was installed in my car. The only business that had a carburetor was Summit. They advised me to order the Holley PN 0-1850C with manual choke.
My question to anyone out there, “is this the correct carburetor”? Please help.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Welcome aboard the site. Lets try your question in here

·
Registered
850 Posts
Why don't you just rebuild the one you have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you to all that replied and provided feedback. As luck would have it I went to the show anyway (without my car) and started talking to a local car group (didn't know they existed). They pointed me to a car shop that also serves as the local hot rod hangout. I stopped in and asked if they knew anyone who rebuilds Carburetors and they put me in contact with a person who is considered the “expert” in Holley rebuilds.
The lesson here is that as I get to know some of the other car enthusiasts more information is shared. So don’t be afraid to show your inexperience, we all start somewhere.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.