Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title says 1964 1/2 Mustang but I'm not sure
I the transmission is a 3 sp toploader has 4 bolts on top inside I found a 15/16" input shaft with a 10 spline I think a 9" but could be 9 1/8" clutch plate.. I have been to all the pa /rts stores and I search on line I could not find a rebuild kit nor can I find the pieces sparately.. I bought another transmission that was rebuilt but the inside the pieces are not the same size as Mine.. it has a smaller 8 1/2" clutch plate andany bigger input shaft. but 1 1/16 input shaft. I can not find anything on the o web to explain why my clutch is not like all the ones on the internet and where to purchase a clutch with 15/16 " input shaft and is it 9 or 9 1. is even or 91/8? Thanks and this is the very first post I have ever did in my life so be kind if I screwed it up

whats a tag

·
Registered
667 Posts
You have the I6 clutch. 170/200 clutches are 8.5" 15/16 10 spline. You won't find that clutch kit unless you are looking for a 170/200 I6 clutch kit. The 260/289 is a bigger disk.

·
Registered
913 Posts
@font-face { font-family: "Geneva"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } title says 1964 1/2 Mustang but I'm not sure
Well, that would be odd, because Ford titled them as 1965.

I the transmission is a 3 sp toploader has 4 bolts on top inside I found a 15/16" input shaft with a 10 spline I think a 9" but could be 9 1/8" clutch plate..
Sounds like the classic 2.77 3-speed transmission. Tiny thing.

I have been to all the pa /rts stores and I search on line I could not find a rebuild kit nor can I find the pieces sparately..
Strange. Glazier/Nolan has all sorts of parts for those.

I bought another transmission that was rebuilt but the inside the pieces are not the same size as Mine.. it has a smaller 8 1/2" clutch plate andany bigger input shaft. but 1 1/16 input shaft. I can not find anything on the o web to explain why my clutch is not like all the ones on the internet and where to purchase a clutch with 15/16 " input shaft and is it 9 or 9 1. is even or 91/8?
If you have the "salad bowl" flywheel (and you should) rather than a flat flywheel, that clutch assembly is available new, Glazier/Nolan p/n G06661.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts