Ford Mustang Forum banner

1964 1/2 Pace Car

3472 8
Okay guys it's been a long time since i have been in the classic mustang forums and i know this question won't be for tech help, but i need your help. I just tried to auction my car off on ebay, but my reserve wasn't met. I did find out something interesting though. A guy decided to run my VIN and door data plate and discovered that i have a 1964.5 Pace car replica! Crazy, huh? I went to a couple of sites that decode your data plate and sure enough it came up as a Pace car replica. From what i have been able to find out only 180-190 of these cars were produced and the dealerships competed just to get these cars from ford. What i would like to know is, Is the door data plate the final say that this is a true Pace car replica, or do i need to check other things on the car? The car was originally white w/ a blue center stripe and had a 260 v8 motor. The car is currently blue w/ a 302 motor, but could be put back to original shape. Question #2: How much would this car be worth now, even with a different motor and paint job? I really could use some help here any info or recommended sites would be great, thanks!! :cool:
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Man, restore that car to original and hold onto it. I would never let that one get away. :drool:
Jon
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.