Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a project mustang. When I got it, the brake and gas lines were already removed. Now I am almost to the point to reinstall these. Does anyone have pictures or a diagram of the location where these go from the rear to the front?

·
Registered
233 Posts
make it up as you go

:waveyHi! dne' here! I see you haven't received much response to your question. I have a '67 coupe that I replaced the brake lines, and the fuel line(one piece fuel line). Even though I knew where the lines went initally, they still didn't fit exactly the way the originals did(doah!). But I didn't expect them to. I think you may just have to do the best you can, kind of hang 'em the best you can. Do you have a manual/repair guide? Maybe they would show how they go? I'm sorry I don't have an exact answer for you, but sometimes we just have to fake it! :bigthumbsup and Make it work.
dne'

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Hey Mark,
Not sure where Random Lake is, I'm here in Stevens Point. I bought my gas and brake lines from some place that fit in like a glove. Glad I did replace mine, the gas line had been pinched and the brake line had been rubbing on the frame.
Some think like Stainless Brakes? You get the lines and it's not hard to figure out where and how they fit. Give me a shout down here, got all Summer to do nothing! Except lawn and all the other projects!
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got a manual, but it just shows that they go through the tunnel, not where the clips go and which line is on the top and which is the bottom nor where the different clips go. I have the new lines. Some pictures of an existing origional car would help

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Veronica,

Nice pics to answer the question. You must own a worn out camera by now.:)

Was the drive shaft safety loop shown in your 3rd photo a standard feature on earlier cars or an owner's addition?

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hi again.:) That's a 65 Shelby that I was putting a clutch in way back when, so, technically, yes it came with the driveshaft safety loop and that spiffy looking rear brake cooling system. Those are all original. Mustangs didn't have any of that stuff, though.
As far as my camera goes, I buy things because I intend to use them. :gringreen When it wears out, that's what service contracts are for. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pictures help alot. Thanks. I can use the corret clips and the correct locations for the lines.

The interior should be going in soon. The new top should be done late this week. Its looking pretty good.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hey Mark,
Not sure where Random Lake is, I'm here in Stevens Point. I bought my gas and brake lines from some place that fit in like a glove. Glad I did replace mine, the gas line had been pinched and the brake line had been rubbing on the frame.
Some think like Stainless Brakes? You get the lines and it's not hard to figure out where and how they fit. Give me a shout down here, got all Summer to do nothing! Except lawn and all the other projects!
Dave
Dave, do you recall where you bought those from? I have not found any as of yet. I am done with my floors and wanted to put new lines on the bottom before I flip it over and take if off the rotisserie. Thanks, Mitch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts