Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! I have a 64 1/2 mustang convertible-I.D. # 5F08D148892. It is painted poppy seed red, but needs new paint. It was originally pagoda green. I am thinking I would like to put it back to pagoda green but am having a hard time finding some pics of a pagoda green convertible with standard white interier with black trim. Does anyone know where I could find some? Also is the 289 4v a 2 or 4 barrel? Thanks Paul

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Hello to all! I have a 64 1/2 mustang convertible-I.D. # 5F08D148892. It is painted poppy seed red, but needs new paint. It was originally pagoda green. I am thinking I would like to put it back to pagoda green but am having a hard time finding some pics of a pagoda green convertible with standard white interier with black trim. Does anyone know where I could find some? Also is the 289 4v a 2 or 4 barrel? Thanks Paul
The 4v is a 4 barrel, that's what the 4 means. A 2v is a 2 barrel and a 1v is a 1 barrel. The engine sounds like it is original to the car as the D code is the 4v 289 offered in the early 65s.

You're in luck, here's a pic of a Pagoda Green early 65 convert with white interior, http://www.svs.com/users/zim/mustang/images/64-B.jpg and here's the page I got it from 1964 1/2 Mustang Colors It just so happened that the Pagoda Green example on the page was what you were looking for.:)

I have never seen a Pagoda Green car in person at any of the shows or cruises by me, including a few large all Ford and Ford powered shows I've gone to.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean. Green is one of my favorite colors (along with blue) and I think Pagoda is a unique color that I don't hate either but looks kinda "Easter egg" to me. I like the Dynasty Green better, it's similar to Pagoda but has a metal flake to it. Cascade Green would be real sharp too, especially with a white interior and top.

Although I'm not saying I wouldn't ever paint a car Pagoda as I personally feel there are too many red converts out there and a Pagoda one would stand out and be different.

If you're not sure you can always have a local paint place make up a pint or even a spray can (yes, some can do that) of Pagoda or any other color you're thinking of and then you can paint a sample and look at it in different lighting to see it better. Just have them do it in an acrylic enamel which is all you need for a sample.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pagoda Green Mustang

Jay

I'm new here and just wanted you to know that I have a "Pagoda Green" Coupe from 1964.5. It was one of the six colors that was discontinued when the 1965's were introduced in September of 1964. If you would like some additional information about your car I'm sure that you have found decoding websites that will tell you what you really have.

Send me an email if you need anything or call my work number during the day (8-3) 248.594.4129.

Good luck with the repaint. The value will go up - especially from the red color that it is now.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.