Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know a good site to fine stock replacement rotors for a 64 1/2 mustang 289?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brake, this car has disc brakes.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sounds like someone has done a disc brake conversion and it would be hard to say which rotor without knowing which conversion kit they used. As stated above the 64 1/2 didn't come with disc brakes.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you you guys positive that 64 1/2 289 didnt have front disc's?

·
Registered
471 Posts
If not mistaking disc breaks on the Mustang first came out in 65 on the GT model.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well the pik slip says 64 mustang but its got rotors up front. they are the second owners and havent done anything except rebuild the motor stock. they bought it in 1980 from an old car collector so i doubt he would do just the fronts?? idk ill look more into it. but anybody know where i can finde some for a good price?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok got a car fax report and it says 65 mustang but the pink says 64?? i guess its a 65 were going to have to get that fied lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Technically there is no 64 or 64 1/2 mustangs they are all 65's. The so called "64 1/2" was just an early production 65 and I'm pretty sure they did not come stock with disc brakes. The build date might say 64 but it should still be titled as a 65. Just like the 2010 mustangs that are out now yet it is 2009.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the brakes look like the second link but with a little more rust haha:gringreen

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looked up the vin on the car today and its a 65 code A with a 4v(4v is 4 barrel carb correct?) 289. took off the front rotors and its got a 4 piston caliper. the pads were worn down to the rivets and put some serious grooves in the rotor so im ordering some new ones from ca mustang.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well the caliper is different. this has a fixed 4 piston caliper.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got rotors and pads for about 200. got them installed today now were doing the backs. getting some tires on it and driving it to my house to powerwash the years of dirt and crap off of it. ill probably redo most of the suspension in the fall in my suspension class. looks like its in good enough shape to make it well through the summer. im pretty excited for this car and its not even mine. told my cousin i might have to get a copy of thos keys made for me hahah

1 - 16 of 16 Posts