Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1965 289 2 barrel throttle link diagram?

If this is posted elsewhere I apologize, but I could not find it using the search feature.

I have a 1965 289 with a 2 barrel carburetor and the throttle spring is broken. However, I do not think it was setup properly by the former owner. The broken spring was attached to an L bracket at front of the intake manifold. I have the correct spring, but there is no way it will stretch from the front of the manifold to the carburetor.

Is there a diagram or picture of the proper setup on this site or else where I could be directed?

Thanks in advance
Durin

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
289 Carb Spring

Heres a few of my '66 289 C code. I dont know if they are the same. Iv seen some with the front of spring mounted in a different place. But this is the set up i see mostly. Hope it helps ya.

That L bracket is mounted at the rear LH side of carb.

Happy Memorial Day to you and everyone else! :yup:

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heres a few of my '66 289 C code. I dont know if they are the same. Iv seen some with the front of spring mounted in a different place. But this is the set up i see mostly. Hope it helps ya.

That L bracket is mounted at the rear LH side of carb.

Happy Memorial Day to you and everyone else! :yup:
Thank you very much! I would not have thought they would mount the print on the linkage like that. Seems like it would be easy for it to slip off.

I don't have the L bracket, so I'll make something until I can get one. The pictures will help with that also!

Thanks again and happy Memorial day to everyone also!

Durin

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Thank you very much! I would not have thought they would mount the print on the linkage like that. Seems like it would be easy for it to slip off.

I don't have the L bracket, so I'll make something until I can get one. The pictures will help with that also!

Thanks again and happy Memorial day to everyone also!

Durin

I always wondered about the spring slipping off where it is but it never has. I do keep an extra spring in the trunk, just in case i need it. NPD has them 2012 catalog pg 137 #9741- (Bracket, Accel. return spring they are called.)

Note: it says for '65's - 260 & 289 with intake mounted bellcrank Assy. Mounts to center valve cover bolt.

There are a few diff applications. Look at thier catalog. :yup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts