Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished rebuilding my 3.3L inline 6 motor and got it started. today i went to drive it around the block the alternator light came on under acceleration the belt is brand new and adjusted within specs im thinking it might be slipping, but im not sure if there is supposed to be a lock washer on the top adjusting bolt since the guy who owned it before me was pretty much an idiot, i have been working on cars since i was a kid and i am still confused considering that the battery has 12.5 volts not running and 14.8 while under load but as soon as you give that gas pedal a good push the alternator light comes on what may be another issue? it also has a new starter and starter solenoid and the alternator was purchased and installed days before I bought it in aug of 2010

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Voltage regulator on order, and new alternator installed! the old alternator failed 6 times in a row which was very surprising considering that my multimeter told me the battery was at 14.8 under running conditions, maybe its time for new batteries in the good old multimeter :shiny:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts