Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to put my dash back together and I ordered the Clutch bearing upgrade kit. Is there any other upgrades I can make to the Clutch or brake pedal assembly? I have a 289 3 speed.
I had ACL surgery on my left knee, so a smooth and easyclutch is critical. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am starting to put my dash back together and I ordered the Clutch bearing upgrade kit. Is there any other upgrades I can make to the Clutch or brake pedal assembly? I have a 289 3 speed.
I had ACL surgery on my left knee, so a smooth and easyclutch is critical. Thanks for any advice.
Depending on the existing clutch a hydraulic type clutch may also help. Getting ready to install an LF system by modern driveline now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I will look into that one
It's a weekend long at least exercise. The master cylinder, brake lines and distribution block need to be removed (TO ACCESS THE WORK AREA) and the distribution block needs to be re positioned lower on the inner fender, which could mean new brake lines.

The installation of the transmission slave definitely requires some knowledge of transmissions IMO.

I'm installing the brackets and dash mounted clutch master cylinder and letting a transmission shop make the necessary transmission installs, clutch attachments, system bleeding and adjustments.

A pain but the driving will be so much more leg friendly when it's all said and done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts